Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-26-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pics Brandon. Looks like the OEM replacement hood latches are just a smidgen shorter than the original OEM latches. Let us know how they work out.

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
Finally getting around to posting some pics of a few things that I have done lately ( Latch change and new muffler)

Old 02-26-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Junkie

Default Soft Top Header

Steve - so is the new header redesigned to "snug" down tighter, or is the design the same and the old header just had bad tolerances or something?

Originally Posted by BullDawg
All I can say is WOW.. if you have a noisy soft top at highway speed.. get them to replace under TSB 23-010-09.. world of difference. I can hear things I never heard before on the interstate, like the radio... and I no longer feel deaf after driving for a few hours now. Ok.. for real it dropped the way the top sits in the channel by about 1/4" or better. Very worthwhile checkup for once.. they did it while they changed the oil and had it back by lunch.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I looked at my header and it seems to have the same issue... I guess I will run it by the dealer, when I go by next time... I also, have had a problem with my radio clock lossing time over the week... Has anybody else had this issue?
Old 02-27-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Junkie

... I also, have had a problem with my radio clock losing time over the week... Has anybody else had this issue?
Haven't noticed any clock issues with Wilbur. I do think I have the long crank time problem. Dennis noticed it first - asked me why I have to hold the ignition key on so long when starting. According to the TSB, my cam sensor probably needs replacing.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Is it just me or am I completely invisible on this thread? Can anyone see my postings here?
Happy Birthday Chris!

Old 02-27-2010, 11:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Happy Birthday Chris!

Thanks!!!

My wife bought me new BFG KM2 35's with 17" KMC XD Hoss 795 wheels and the Rugged Ridge XHD Bumper like Jason has... I can't fricken wait!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Thanks!!!

My wife bought me new BFG KM2 35's with 17" KMC XD Hoss 795 wheels and the Rugged Ridge XHD Bumper like Jason has... I can't fricken wait!!!

Sweet - be sure to post up some pics when you have them installed.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Steve - so is the new header redesigned to "snug" down tighter, or is the design the same and the old header just had bad tolerances or something?
Not real sure. It's a new stronger header plate designed to not bow as much. It definitely snugs down farther too though. All I know is it is super quite period... Even quieter than I expected. I had considered finding a hard top for winter because it was so loud but screw that now. If yours doesn't seat in the channel like my before picture... Go let em fix it. Amazing difference.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Shout out to Wilky.. Finally got around to putting the Rubicon springs and shocks on this weekend that you donated to my cause. Gained 1" in lift but the ride is totally different. The squishy feeling stock ride is gone. Tight ride now. The shocks made a huge difference alone. Wished I had got a little more lift but for the ride alone, it was worth it.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I looked at my header and it seems to have the same issue... I guess I will run it by the dealer, when I go by next time... I also, have had a problem with my radio clock lossing time over the week... Has anybody else had this issue?
I've noticed that my clock is losing time also. It actual made me late for a meeting two weeks ago.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat