Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-20-2008, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by In5ane
your name wouldn't be travis would it?

it sure is.....is that good or bad?
Old 10-20-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I put on my RE 2" BB, helped JK-Rubi a little with his, and JK-Rubi and I helped a co-worker put a lift on his YJ. So I know just enough to be dangerous. I'll be glad to stand around and grunt when you ask if you're doing something wrong. Seriously, I'll be glad to lend a hand. I've got a semi-decent set of tools if you happen to need any. By the way, I think I saw you washing your jeep Sunday night on Wall-Triana. I was in the blue 4-door sahara.

I put a 3" Rusty's lift (Springs, shocks, dropped pitman, rear traction bracket) on my 98 TJ... alone.. talking about a b!tch.. a lot of cussing, a few busted knuckles, 2 nights, and a lot of sweat. That was definitely a case where more hands are better. This time I think Travis has to bring the beer
Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BullDawg
I put a 3" Rusty's lift (Springs, shocks, dropped pitman, rear traction bracket) on my 98 TJ... alone.. talking about a b!tch.. a lot of cussing, a few busted knuckles, 2 nights, and a lot of sweat. That was definitely a case where more hands are better. This time I think Travis has to bring the beer
That sounds more like when I work on anything of mine...

I don't know how much help I would be, but I would be happy to be the cheering section!
Old 10-20-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I put on my RE 2" BB, helped JK-Rubi a little with his, and JK-Rubi and I helped a co-worker put a lift on his YJ. So I know just enough to be dangerous. I'll be glad to stand around and grunt when you ask if you're doing something wrong. Seriously, I'll be glad to lend a hand. I've got a semi-decent set of tools if you happen to need any. By the way, I think I saw you washing your jeep Sunday night on Wall-Triana. I was in the blue 4-door sahara.
yeah that was me, that was my second trip to the car wash that day. damn that mud get's everywhere.

i told a guy who works in the shop i would hook him up with a liitle cash to put my suspention on on his off day, i figure they can do it no problem, havinga lift and all the tools readily available....but thanksfor the offer.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tboginski
. . . damn, that mud get's everywhere.
Yup. After my first vigorous romp in the mud (same red clay you'd find on a major league baseball field) and two fairly thorough washings, my Jeep was still shedding dirt clods weeks later in my garage. Everything would be fine for several days, then I'd walk out one day and see piles of dirt underneath the vehicle.

At the time, I thought mud was pretty bad as far as getting into everything, but that's before I followed someone in a dust cloud for a couple of hours one day. I don't think there's one spot in the Jeep that doesn't have a layer of dust on it now, and that's after I've spent hours brushing and vacuuming.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Yup. After my first vigorous romp in the mud (same red clay you'd find on a major league baseball field) and two fairly thorough washings, my Jeep was still shedding dirt clods weeks later in my garage. Everything would be fine for several days, then I'd walk out one day and see piles of dirt underneath the vehicle.

At the time, I thought mud was pretty bad as far as getting into everything, but that's before I followed someone in a dust cloud for a couple of hours one day. I don't think there's one spot in the Jeep that doesn't have a layer of dust on it now, and that's after I've spent hours brushing and vacuuming.
I'm still cleaning dust out from our trip to Swan Creek and Wheeler!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Had an absolute blast guys!!
I'll definitely be back down there sometime in the future. Enjoyed meeting everyone again, and am looking forward to our next outing.

Start of the ride:

Denny2565 climbing:

At overlook:

bama JK climbing some stairsteps:

More climbing by bama JK:

Denny's turn:

Descending from Eagle's Nest:

Dad, the wheel isn't even close to touching the ground:

Almost finished with one of the loops:

bama JK flexing up the trail:

bama JK hits a mud puddle, and starts to attract a crowd:

"Gosh, I sure didn't think going in that little mud hole would get us dirty", says bama to mud bespeckled wife:

Heading for mud:

"Hey, I went through so fast, I won't even have to wash her off":

Woah!! The Rubi was willing and would have kept going, but the driver was weak, and hit the brakes.

Going up! Why don't these climbs ever look as intimidating in pics as they do in real life?:

On top . . . by myself.

Easing back down.

Looks like you guys had a blast. Wish I had been available. Now that bow season is open, my weekends are limited.
Am on travel again, this time to Traverse City, MI. Cold as heck up here. Forecast for snow tonight. YUCK
Old 10-21-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by In5ane
I'm still cleaning dust out from our trip to Swan Creek and Wheeler!!!
A little dust never hurt a Jeep.... Although I must say, slinging mud on your wife on your 5th wedding anniversary is not so benign
Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
A little dust never hurt a Jeep.... Although I must say, slinging mud on your wife on your 5th wedding anniversary is not so benign
For those that might not have noticed yet, one can see some of the navy blue jacket that bama JK's wife was wearing in the upper left of the below pic. And note, that's her left shoulder splattered with mud, and it was more "protected" being closer to the center of the JK and furthest from a window.

I think bama was able to "create" this special memorable moment by following these simple easy steps:

1) Park JK in mud pit.
2) Hit gas hard.
3) Use steering wheel to fan front spinning wheels back and forth.
4) Savor the high whinning sound of spinning tires, and roar of the engine.
5) Enjoy mud raining down inside vehicle, and cheers of the crowd.
6) Remember wife, and look to see if she is enjoying the moment as much as . . . Uh, Oooohh.
7) Remind wife how lucky she is to be sharing 5th anniversary with you, and beg forgiveness.

Actually, on the way back to Huntsville, we all stopped and grabbed a quick meal - bama and wife seemed to be doing fine.
Emily seems like a real trooper, hang on to her bama!!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Red08JK
Looks like you guys had a blast. Wish I had been available. Now that bow season is open, my weekends are limited.
Am on travel again, this time to Traverse City, MI. Cold as heck up here. Forecast for snow tonight. YUCK
Well you can't bag two or three every weekend. Give the deer a break, and come join us when we head out on our next ride.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat