Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-06-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, thats hot... I normally have to trun the vents away from my hands while driving.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

holy crap thats hot
Old 02-07-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

I had a set of Toyo ATs on my F150 (33s). They wore out within one year. They didn't hold up well at all. I personally would not buy another set of Toyos
Old 02-07-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Junkie

Default Fire Extinguisher Holder

Sale Pending

If any of the Huntsville area guys are interested, I'm going to sell this holder as I ended up going a different direction (Die-Tech). It's brand new, and was never installed. Just send a PM if you want to make an offer (It's a Rugged Ridge Fire Extinguisher Holder - sells for $20 and up).

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 02-08-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
If any of the Huntsville area guys are interested, I'm going to sell this holder as I ended up going a different direction (Die-Tech). It's brand new, and was never installed. Just send a PM if you want to make an offer (It's a Rugged Ridge Fire Extinguisher Holder - sells for $20 and up).

Sure would look good on the Flame Red. I'll take 'em. Unless you got some H'ville guys that want um. What size extinguisher does it hold? That may make a dif?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

harbor freight winch does it again! story and hopefully pics to follow later
Old 02-08-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Who wants story time? So this morning it snowed/iced/ect. Well I'm on another forum with a bunch of guys that have go fast cars. So there was a post this morning, "Did anyone see the EVO that crashed between 72 and research park." Now there are not many of these cars, so chances are it was going to be a forum members car. Sure enough, it was. So he got on there and said yes, he hit some ice and chose the ditch instead of the concrete. I offered to help him extract his EVO since no tow company was willing to get out in the mud and go get it. So I arrive on the scene and find this

Now I know what your thinking, that doesn't look bad. Well the picture doesn't do it justice, so let me put it into perspective. He is a picture of the the embanking the car was sitting on.

So thats no good. On top of that it was in a little gully and being so low to the ground was "high centered" per say. So now of course it needs an extraction. So I drive down the hill to pull it down, as up is not an option. It would have ripped all sorts of stuff up. So I get behind him and I had brought some 2x4's to keep it off the ground as best as possible, which turned out to be a HUGE factor.

Now have you ever pulled an EVO before? Probably not, so let me describe to you its BIGGEST problem. You know those nice little tow hooks from the factory? Well, on the EVO its higher than bumper. How in the heck am I suppose to hook to that? With a some creative shackle and 2x4's we were about to get the cable low enough to keep it from tearing up the rear bumper. See pic below

So we finally got him extracted and he was on his marry way with NO (not a scratch) to the car. He was very lucky, and sure it took some extra time extracting the car correctly, but it was worth our efforts.

the tracks to the right in the picture is where I came down for fun LOL

Old 02-08-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

That evo sure looks at home with the mud on its tires. That is what is was made for after all.

Good going getting him out!

Micah
Old 02-08-2010, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

it looked slightly "rally inspired" after it got out
Old 02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Duelers, the evo just needed a set of Duelers. Those things never get stuck

You just wanted to try out the winch, make sure that it worked before you got buried in the mud up to the antenna.

Was the extraction on the taxpayers dollar

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat