Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilky
Got four inches, but the road crews were Johnny-on-the-spot and had everything driveable by the morning commute. However, they are predicting some ridiculous storm system moving in Friday evening/Saturday morning.......some crazy crap like 30 inches!!! My flight is Friday @ 7pm, so hopefully I beat it out of here prior to the dump of 2010.
Wow, didn't realize DC got that kind of snow. I'd try to slip out of there (either Dulles or Reagan National) early if at all possible before it gets crazy. If you don't make it, let us know and we'll drive Rubi-Gene up there to rescue you.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
Got four inches, but the road crews were Johnny-on-the-spot and had everything driveable by the morning commute. However, they are predicting some ridiculous storm system moving in Friday evening/Saturday morning.......some crazy crap like 30 inches!!! My flight is Friday @ 7pm, so hopefully I beat it out of here prior to the dump of 2010.
wonderful... I am headed to Cape Cod Mass. on Monday... If they get that much, there no way it will be gone when I get there.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Default Skyline + Mud + Snow + Cold =

Mortar mud that I have yet to blast off of Wilbur. Spent several dollars at the car wash Saturday evening, and finally gave up. The water started to form icicles as it streamed off the Jeep. Didn't realize until looking at the pics that this stuff is a mixture of leaves, twigs, mud, pebbles, and probably concrete.

Need to bundle up and head out with the sprayer one of these evenings, hopefully before this junk bonds with the paint . . . if it hasn't already.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 02-04-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Washed my rig today. It took me about an hour to wash off under fenders and everything else underneath before I could even wash the darn thing. The mid stained the black fenders. Oh well they look better muddy.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bama JKX
Washed my rig today. It took me about an hour to wash off under fenders and everything else underneath before I could even wash the darn thing. The mid stained the black fenders. Oh well they look better muddy.
at leaast yours didnt get all scratched up
Old 02-04-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

Myself and Corey used the facilities at the river down form the campground to wash the Jeeps, looked like we had never been on teh trail when we hit the pavement.

15 mins with a 3800PSI pressure washer in the front drive, and the jeep looks like it just rolled of the showroom floor.............except maybe the scratches on the fenders.............and the scratch in the hood from coal creek that was added to on Sat. from a med sized tree that decided to snap and jump over the jeep instead of under......................and the gas tank skidthat thing takes a beating..........and so on.

What is the weather out there in huntsville, I have about 2" of snow?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

Default Ouch!!

Wondered where Taylor's been - now I suspect I know. This wasn't good ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/rubi-transfer-case-explosion-114381/
Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Wondered where Taylor's been - now I suspect I know. This wasn't good ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114381
yeah I talked to him a while back. I believe he is going the Atlas route last I heard
Old 02-05-2010, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

my rubi rails should be here next week!!! woot!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:57 PM
JK Junkie

Default Heater Temperature

Interesting post - never thought to measure the temp, but I know my heater blasts fiery hot air too.

Originally Posted by YingYang
Every wonder how hot your JK's heater blows? I did.

Outside temp was 47deg and cold rain. Thats the hottest reading I got. I was shooting the vent adjusters and not down the tube.

I knew it was hot but dammmmnnnnnnn!!!

Just an FYI..........

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat