Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi

I thought you already had it lifted a little.

Never mind about the first 3-4 miles - you're on your own with respect to this decision.
Well, I will have a little lift before I go.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Well, I will have a little lift before I go.
Depending upon the amount of rain in the preceding days, lift will not be your limiting factor it will be traction on some of the steep inclines and medium depth mud holes
Old 01-19-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Depending upon the amount of rain in the preceding days, lift will not be your limiting factor it will be traction on some of the steep inclines and medium depth mud holes
Don't think I can skirt the edges of them? I know y'all don't want to be draggin my ass around all day. I really want to go (can you tell?)

edit: on the flip side of that, I don't want to demolish my Jeep either
Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default Huntsville Thread Contact Roster...

ok guys,
It's been awhile since I've bugged people about the Huntsville Thread Contact Roster. To date, I have the following people on the Excel spreadsheet:

Wilky
racinfast002
BullDawg
Denny 2565
randy_payne
sixty5vdub
tboginski
jasonclarkusaf
uofagrad05

Most of these people can attest to how convenient it is to have a name/phone number/email/JK photo handy for their fellow Huntsville area JKers when the need arises.
I believe we are still missing a few new (and older) JKers from the list. If there is anyone who would like to be added to the Excel and sent a personal copy, or if there are any changes for those already on the speadsheet, please PM me. All I ask from those volunteering their information is name, username, phone number, email and a picture of their JK. I promise the information will be sent out to ONLY those on the list.
Thanks in advance,
Wilky
Old 01-19-2010, 08:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
ok guys,
It's been awhile since I've bugged people about the Huntsville Thread Contact Roster. To date, I have the following people on the Excel spreadsheet:

Wilky
racinfast002
BullDawg
Denny 2565
randy_payne
sixty5vdub
tboginski
jasonclarkusaf
uofagrad05

Most of these people can attest to how convenient it is to have a name/phone number/email/JK photo handy for their fellow Huntsville area JKers when the need arises.
I believe we are still missing a few new (and older) JKers from the list. If there is anyone who would like to be added to the Excel and sent a personal copy, or if there are any changes for those already on the speadsheet, please PM me. All I ask from those volunteering their information is name, username, phone number, email and a picture of their JK. I promise the information will be sent out to ONLY those on the list.
Thanks in advance,
Wilky
PM sent
Old 01-19-2010, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
PM sent
Shukran habibi
Old 01-20-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have plans to go on the ride to Skyline also.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I made us a facebook group for the Huntsville guys

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...3817328&ref=mf
hard to believe wilky is the only one with FB
Old 01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
JK Junkie

Default Skyline Ride Jan 30-31

Originally Posted by MDodson
I have plans to go on the ride to Skyline also.
That's great Monty. Remember first day at BH (the Skyline adjacent area that must not be named), second day climbing Boulder Trail (4+ rating) in Skyline. If I go, this will be the toughest trail I've ever climbed. There was a 4+ trail several of us climbed at Windrock, but we were able to use some long bail out areas to skirt the worst of it.

For Sunday you'd definitely want as much lift as you can muster, plus 35" tires, and a winch - Yes we could "probably" literally drag someone up along various components of their undercarriage, but I would not want to do that to my jeep.

Jason, what are your thoughts on Sunday with respect to minimal mods? I'm still trying to figure out if I want to take Wilbur up there, and that's only if it's somewhat dry. No way am I going on that thing if it's as wet as it was the other day, although it would be a great real world test for my Superwinch. Hmm, maybe this could be like a winch shoot out, I could take lots of pics, and write an article. Maybe get it published for some Jeep mod money.

Just hope my winch wouldn't fail.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 01-20-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Add title.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 PM
JK Junkie

Default Just an 'ol Stuck in the Mud

Jason's not so fun mudhole:

Good news though is that Harbor Freight winch is one smokin' piece of recovery equipment.

Gotta admit, it continues to serve him well, and just isn't some smoke and mirrors gimmicky device that can't perform when called upon . . . well, can't really comment on the mirror part, but the smoke . . .

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat