Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-13-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny.. just happend to check the forum right before lunch.. then lo and behold.. I spotted this exact beast sitting in Phil Sandoval's resturant.. Denny the rig is looking good.

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Well they're not the prettiest tire to look at, but they've been great. They run really smooth and have a nice hum on the highway. They're also siped and have that AT looking strip down the middle which helps out on the road. Before I bought them, I called up Goodyear and their rep told me that with proper rotation, the tires should last 40-50 thousand miles. They cost a little more, but if I can get that kind of mileage out of them, it'll be worth it.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BullDawg
Funny.. just happend to check the forum right before lunch.. then lo and behold.. I spotted this exact beast sitting in Phil Sandoval's resturant.. Denny the rig is looking good.
We saw your chrome gas gap go past the window but didn't see you anywhere inside
Old 01-13-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
We saw your chrome gas gap go past the window but didn't see you anywhere inside
woah now, don't be hatin on the chrome gas cap. Some of us can't help it. I freaking hate mine. I'd much rather have a black one
Old 01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Keep your gas caps. It's a distinctive feature that helps us spot y'all, kind of like my chrome rims.(yea, that's right, I called'em rims. I'm old skool that way.)
But but...I don't wanna. Actually I want a black one. And I actually washed my JK yesterday (yes it was cold) and discovered I rashed up one of my wheels. LAME
Old 01-13-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

oh and while I'm in here. I hung out with Donny this weekend. I don't remember much, as I was trashed, but I know I saw him and talked to him for a long time. He don't get out much, but I think we had a blast
Old 01-13-2010, 03:41 PM
JK Junkie

Default Skyline - Monday 18th (MLK Day)

Originally Posted by MDodson
Any rides this weekend?
Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
I'm in for the 18th. I've been so busy working and travelling that I haven't been able to get on here lately. Things appear to be slowing down for a short while.
Georgia guys are making hotel reservations, Jeep mods, etc in preparation for the end of the month ride. I intend to make a pre-run of some of the trails we'll be riding this coming Monday, Jan 18th.
Tentative plan is to leave Wendy's (near Moores Mill Rd intersection) on Hwy 72 E at 1130 AM. Haven't solidified the exact trails I want to run, but will do so by this Saturday. We should be heading back around dark, so back in the Huntsville area between 6 and 6:30 PM. If folks are interested, we could possibly move this up some (say 2 hours), and get home earlier.
Sounds like Jason is in, anyone else?
Old 01-13-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Georgia guys are making hotel reservations, Jeep mods, etc in preparation for the end of the month ride. I intend to make a pre-run of some of the trails we'll be riding this coming Monday, Jan 18th.
Tentative plan is to leave Wendy's (near Moores Mill Rd intersection) on Hwy 72 E at 1130 AM. Haven't solidified the exact trails I want to run, but will do so by this Saturday. We should be heading back around dark, so back in the Huntsville area between 6 and 6:30 PM. If folks are interested, we could possibly move this up some (say 2 hours), and get home earlier.
Sounds like Jason is in, anyone else?
I am good for the ride if we can move it up 2 hrs... I have been gone all week and need to spend some time with the family that night.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
I am good for the ride if we can move it up 2 hrs... I have been gone all week and need to spend some time with the family that night.
That'd be fine by me, and I suspect would be preferable for Jason as he seems to be the early bird type.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

That'd be fine by me, and I suspect would be preferable for Jason as he seems to be the early bird type.
Have fun scouting the trails...I'll be in CO boarding (again).
Still waiting on the topo maps, I hope to have them by the 30th.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The earlier the better for me... Where are we going?? Skyline or "Area 51" or somewhere else

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat