Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Okay, here's the latest with respect to deciphering how we took the wrong turn on our last ride out at Wadi el Coyote.

Here's an Olive Drab painted rig we met out at the "Cascades" (well it sort of looks Olive Drab with all that mud).

I've indicated the "Cascades" approximate location with the red dot on the updated map view. The Orange arrows indicate the route previously ridden by Huntsville area folks. Yellow is the route we "discovered" on our last ride.

Soooo, what does all this mean . . . we missed the "Blue Arrow Trail" turnoff about 1 to 2 tenths of a mile prior to the "Cascades".

Where is this trail? I want to go if you guys are going later on in the month. I can't go next week I'll be in Alaska.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Junkie

Default Skyline Ride Details (Jan 30-31)

Originally Posted by Bama JKX
Where is this trail? I want to go if you guys are going later on in the month. I can't go next week I'll be in Alaska.
Hi ???? (Sorry, didn't catch your name when we were wheeling together down at Mountainside around Christmas ),

Trails are up here in North AL - search for Skyline in this thread and you'll find more pictures and stories. Some of our recent rides have been in areas adjacent to Skyline which offer sundry trail options for exciting off-road adventure.

Ride details ----> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/trail-ride-jan-30-31-skyline-wma-alabama-113931/
Old 01-09-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry, the names Chris. I'm familiar with Skyline. Just wasn't sure exactly where your map was showing in N. AL. Are you planning on making the end of month ride to Skyline with the GA folks. I'm going to try and make it. Hopefully I'll have some discounts buy then.

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Junkie

Sorry, the names Chris. I'm familiar with Skyline. Just wasn't sure exactly where your map was showing in N. AL. Are you planning on making the end of month ride to Skyline with the GA folks. I'm going to try and make it. Hopefully I'll have some discounts buy then.
Hi Chris - I'm presently planning to attend the end of month rides. In fact, I'd be surprised if the GA folks weren't somewhat counting on me to make it so that I might offer some trail guide assistance, or even act as Trail Canary.

Thanks for the info.
You're welcome.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well you can probably count me in also. I'm ready to hit the trails again. I'll have to put my old rear bumper back on so I don't damage the new one. The wife was pissed about the "Log Jam" damage at Mountainside.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Yes Gary, you're required to lead the Skyline ride! You're also required to provide a location for all of us to sleep at your house and feed all of us at the end of each day!
Old 01-09-2010, 01:46 PM
JK Junkie

Well you can probably count me in also. I'm ready to hit the trails again. I'll have to put my old rear bumper back on so I don't damage the new one. The wife was pissed about the "Log Jam" damage at Mountainside.
Hey wait a minute, you said she was happy, make that extremely happy, with you the last time you posted re the bumper. What happened??

Got to cook a Birthday Dinner, but I'll have my pics. up tonight. I think the plastic bumpers on th JK's are crap BTW. Once I washed off the mud it revealed more travesty.

The wife is extremely happy with me right now.
I shouldn't have washed it.
I'm not sure the mud was doing a very good job of camouflaging the damage, but at least she's extremely happy with you (much better than the opposite).

Old 01-09-2010, 02:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Yes Gary, you're required to lead the Skyline ride! You're also required to provide a location for all of us to sleep at your house and feed all of us at the end of each day!
Not a problem - you're welcome over at my place anytime, I'll send the GPS coordinates so you can find it easily, plus the street is somewhat famous because of the movie they made about some neighbors. Here's the address: 4352 Elm Street. When you get close, just look for the signs in the yard - park anywhere around the house you'd like, and just come on in (you guys are like family so don't worry about knocking). Oh, and if I forget to unlock the door, just go out to the blue truck out front - I have a key to the front door hidden under the dash. Dig around till you find it, and then use it to let yourselves inside.

I'll chain my Pitt Bulls, Cujo and Fang (hopefully the chain will hold this time) as they get a little skittish around strangers. If the chain does break, don't run like that Sheriff's Deputy did (don't worry he's walking fine on his new prosthetic legs), just stand real still, and sing "Sweet Home Alabama" - that seems to calm them down a little, at least that's what some Repo guy told me a while back (He never told me that personally, but it was in the deposition that he gave from his hospital bed).

My neighbor recently found a bunch of fresh possum - let me have a few that had already begun to nicely age. I've got those in the freezer, so there will be plenty to eat when you guys arrive.

The more that show up, the more money in my pocket (hopefully you guys won't mind if I claim you as family dependents - it's that time of the year when the Welfare folks come check my status).

Old 01-10-2010, 07:37 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by randy payne
any of u guys done gear install on your jk?
im thinking about giving it a shot, im going to 4:88 to pep it up a tad
gear sets are cheap but labor cost $$$$$s , so im gona give it a shot anyone want to help?
I'll help Randy . . . PM me when you're ready. Do you have a rough time frame for when you might want to tackle this mod?
Old 01-10-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

I'll take that rear end is going to whine for 500 alex

seriously, if you don't know what your doing, its going to make noise.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat