Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default co2 Power Tanks

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
What are your thoughts on the ? I'm about to get one.
Really haven't given them much thought since, as Wes pointed out, I carry a portable compressor. Will probably go with something that has more oomph eventually so keep good notes on what you learn about them.

I want to hear more about that Teraflex ST sway bar system.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Roll tide roll
Old 01-08-2010, 05:19 AM
JK Junkie

Default Skyline Pre-ride Recon

Posted this in The South section thread that Corey began in order to announce a trail ride at Skyline end of this month (Jan 30-31).

Originally Posted by Wilky
Is there a need to scout some trails?
Yup, I want to check on a couple trails from last season. It is rumored that WMA "Authorities" clean up (read grade) some of the main trails to smooth them back out for the masses, and also clear trails of fallen trees. I saw evidence of the former last year, but am curious about the latter - there were a couple of fallen trees that I hope they've removed.

Am tentatively planning a recon ride Jan 18th for those celebrating the holiday. Would also like to check out the "Blue Arrow Trail" (coming in from the other side) over at Muskrat Cove.

Plan is to just check a few locations along the trail system for conditions (i.e., cleared trees). Still should be about 5-6 hours of wheeling including travel time.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

alright, who all did a good deed yesterday? How many people have you pulled out of the ditch? I'm up to 2 already. The winch came in handy yesterday
Old 01-08-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
donny is married with two kids that keep him pretty busy. I'm pretty sure thats where most of his time goes. That and he has about million other cars to play with. His JK is his daily driver and only non modded car he owns. I haven't seen him out and about any time lately, which is a shame because he such a nice guy and really fun to hang out with
That explains why my ears were burning LOL. Thanks for the kind words Justin . I do need to get out more .

I still lurk on the forum... always makes me want to mod my Jeep though so I don't get on that often .
Old 01-08-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

alright, who all did a good deed yesterday? How many people have you pulled out of the ditch? I'm up to 2 already. The winch came in handy yesterday
I didn't see a single person in a ditch... or any snow on the road for that matter... in my short drive to work. Very disappointing snow storm .
Old 01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
JK Junkie

Default What Winch??

Winch?? Your sig still states that the Sahara is stock. I would love to eat humble pie on this one so let's see a pic of this winch on that Pavement Princess.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dneal
I didn't see a single person in a ditch...
So they were all married?

Just joshing.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Check out this wild vehicle. Pulled it off of the Extreme JK thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_F7QrR4Ur8
Old 01-09-2010, 09:36 AM
JK Junkie

Default Further Deciphering

Okay, here's the latest with respect to deciphering how we took the wrong turn on our last ride out at Wadi el Coyote.

Here's an Olive Drab painted rig we met out at the "Cascades" (well it sort of looks Olive Drab with all that mud).

I've indicated the "Cascades" approximate location with the red dot on the updated map view. The Orange arrows indicate the route previously ridden by Huntsville area folks. Yellow is the route we "discovered" on our last ride.

Soooo, what does all this mean . . . we missed the "Blue Arrow Trail" turnoff about 1 to 2 tenths of a mile prior to the "Cascades".

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 01-09-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat