Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-24-2009, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Randy, you're supposed to answer back with some pointless banter in order to get your post count up. Another idea is to go to the "I'm new to the forum" section (not sure where it is), and welcome all the new people for that day - that'll add 20-30 posts in a heartbeat.
The forum fixed it so answering back and saying hello to all the newbies no longer increases your count. Sorry Rubi, youll have to earn your count honestly like the rest of us now.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
The forum fixed it so answering back and saying hello to all the newbies no longer increases your count. Sorry Rubi, youll have to earn your count honestly like the rest of us now.
I could resort to a little tu quoque, but let's just say I didn't know there was a change in the way forum post counts were totaled (never affected me), however having reviewed the majority of your previous posts, I fully understand why you would be aware of the "fix". Nonetheless, thanks for the procedural insight.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Default Mountainside

Denny slinging mud (I ended up using the wrong camera setting so pic is all grainy).

Is someone in the passenger seat trying to hang on to those Bestop doors?

Old 12-24-2009, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Trade that Stang in for a camera so you can document these incredible adventures photographically.

Congrats on getting to use 4WD. By the way, did you tell the "old boy" about the forum?
no I kinda forgot...Plus it was dark so you wouldn't have been able to see anything. I also got to try out the factory skid plates. LOL I guess everything is good to go, but definitely drug them across something once
Old 12-24-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Is someone in the passenger seat trying to hang on to those Bestop doors?

She kept grabbing for the door out of habit and didn't start grabbing the dash bar until the day was almost over.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all of you back home. Hope you all get the mods you asked Santa for.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:15 PM
JK Junkie

I love where we live, but I wonder what it's like driving a JK in this much snow?

Probably fun for a while, but then I suspect it might get old day in and day out.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Merry Christmas to all of you back home. Hope you all get the mods you asked Santa for.
Thanks Steve - you too!! Take care, and come back safe.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I love where we live, but I wonder what it's like driving a JK in this much snow?

Probably fun for a while, but then I suspect it might get old day in and day out.

Driving in it would be fun, but not cleaning it. I cant imagine living in areas that use salt on the roads and having to ensure i get the underside all cleaned off when it is below freezing outside. No thanks.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Default Evap Can Relocation

Originally Posted by randy payne
what do guys think ---- relocate the evap can or skid plate it? advantages or disadvantages?
I'd relocate the Evap Can. Several of us used the Woods relocation kit, but I like the new Die-Tech kit that doesn't require drilling of new holes. uofagrad05 has the latter, and might post pics if you ask nice.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat