Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-22-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by randy payne
are you guys planing a group lunch anytime soon?
Things are fairly quiet at work this week and next, so almost any time will work for me. I'm ready for some Steak 'n Shake.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Junkie

Default More Mountainside Pics

Nice to have another 2DR out there with me, although all you 4DR guys are really swell.

Trail winding and then circling above where you can see a couple of the group.

Nice doors.

Nittos on this Rubi drove everywhere and more than most of us.

Slick Slab.

DStack doing a little flexing coming off this mound. You can see my tire tracks in the mud as I went down first, but no one was around to take the pic.

Finally had to winch Bama up Log Jam, but he gave it a good go - almost made it at one point.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Things are fairly quiet at work this week and next, so almost any time will work for me. I'm ready for some Steak 'n Shake.
did someone say stake and shake!?!?!?!?!?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

so I know I've mentioned it a couple times on here, but I'm building a mustang. I'm super excited to say that it should be running by Sunday
Old 12-23-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Junkie

Default Steak 'n Shake

Originally Posted by racinfast002
did someone say stake and shake!?!?!?!?!?
No.

Steak 'n Shake . . . Yes.

I'll be there tomorrow for lunch around 1115 if anyone wants to meet up. Think I'll try one of their new shakes, white chocolate or the peppermint.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice to have another 2DR out there with me, although all you 4DR guys are really swell.

Trail winding and then circling above where you can see a couple of the group.

Nice doors.

Nittos on this Rubi drove everywhere and more than most of us.

Slick Slab.

DStack doing a little flexing coming off this mound. You can see my tire tracks in the mud as I went down first, but no one was around to take the pic.

Finally had to winch Bama up Log Jam, but he gave it a good go - almost made it at one point.

Looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for posting the pics!

Anthony
Old 12-23-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Junkie

Default A Few more Pics

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for posting the pics!

Anthony
I think a good time was had by all.

We had 7-8 JKs out there so at times they seemed like they were running around everywhere. There were a few TJs and a Cherokee that joined us some, but other than them and one lone buggy looking TJ, we had the park to ourselves.

Climbing a hillside.

Just posing.

Playing in the obstacle course.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!! Let me say this slowly so shock doesn't set in. I....Wheeled.....My......Jeep. I finally did it. I got a call tonight saying a friend of a friend was stuck and needed to be extracted. I thought, self, you could do this job. So I drove out to where they had hiked out (wheeling alone FTW) and picked them up. Old boy was like "nice jeep" when I picked up him up. Followed by, "Hope you can make it to where mine is at". Not putting two and two together I get out there to find another JK buried up to the axles. Oh did I mention his is a rubi? On mud terrains? And I'm a open diff street tire mall crawler? Thankfully, he had a really long strap that allowed me to get on semi firm ground to pull him. Also thankfully, he was smart enough to realize he was stuck and not keep digging himself deeper. It was a fairly easy extract and a fun ride out. I'm still impressed how capable this vehicle appears to be. The stuff I went through/over ect tonight would have left any other 4x4 I've owned stranded.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!! Let me say this slowly so shock doesn't set in. I....Wheeled.....My......Jeep. I finally did it. I got a call tonight saying a friend of a friend was stuck and needed to be extracted. I thought, self, you could do this job. So I drove out to where they had hiked out (wheeling alone FTW) and picked them up. Old boy was like "nice jeep" when I picked up him up. Followed by, "Hope you can make it to where mine is at". Not putting two and two together I get out there to find another JK buried up to the axles. Oh did I mention his is a rubi? On mud terrains? And I'm a open diff street tire mall crawler? Thankfully, he had a really long strap that allowed me to get on semi firm ground to pull him. Also thankfully, he was smart enough to realize he was stuck and not keep digging himself deeper. It was a fairly easy extract and a fun ride out. I'm still impressed how capable this vehicle appears to be. The stuff I went through/over ect tonight would have left any other 4x4 I've owned stranded.
Trade that Stang in for a camera so you can document these incredible adventures photographically.

Congrats on getting to use 4WD. By the way, did you tell the "old boy" about the forum?
Old 12-24-2009, 05:02 AM
JK Junkie

I think 50 Randy. Let me help you. How many posts do you have now?
Randy, you're supposed to answer back with some pointless banter in order to get your post count up. Another idea is to go to the "I'm new to the forum" section (not sure where it is), and welcome all the new people for that day - that'll add 20-30 posts in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat