Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-13-2009, 11:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this shit out. Even Recon wouldnt be crazy enough to try something like this.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Check this shit out. Even Recon wouldnt be crazy enough to try something like this.
That's just reckless. Surprised he didn't pop a bead on the driver's side and lay it over.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wilky
I spied him the other day, headed the opposite direction (roughly the same place you mentioned above) and noticed the Landers tag too. But I thought he paid his fine and got "real" plate put on...I sure hope he didn't sell/trade it in.
Ok.. I've been way out of the loop too but I saw Travis's Jeep on Hughes a few sunday's ago in front of Bob Jones HS as I was headed to church.. and it was him driving it... hmmm what's up with Hughes being the only location for sightings? haven't heard or seen much of him since he started the new job.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Default noisy soft top...

Hey I spent some time diggin around this weekend after I had the notorious leaking (or should I say soaking) soft top a few times lately. It may be old news but I also found there is a new header that is released for the wind noise (TSB 23-010-09 Rev A, July 01 2009). I had given in to the fact that my top was loud but that was just a soft top thing (had seen it on my older TJ as well). It has been getting worse lately and almost can't hear radio above about 55-60 mph.. forget cell phone talking. Anyway, new header replaces the plastic with a metal header and pictures I saw.. really snugged the top down and got rid of the bow that allows the wind noise. If its old news forgive the post.. if it helps anybody else.. kuddos. Just thought I would pass it along.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Travis Sighting and Conversation

I actually saw and spoke to Travis the other day. He's working his tail off and hasn't had a chance to get his cable/internet back on. He plans on joining the ride this weekend. I'll call him with the details once they are firmed up.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BullDawg
Hey I spent some time diggin around this weekend after I had the notorious leaking (or should I say soaking) soft top a few times lately. It may be old news but I also found there is a new header that is released for the wind noise (TSB 23-010-09 Rev A, July 01 2009). I had given in to the fact that my top was loud but that was just a soft top thing (had seen it on my older TJ as well). It has been getting worse lately and almost can't hear radio above about 55-60 mph.. forget cell phone talking. Anyway, new header replaces the plastic with a metal header and pictures I saw.. really snugged the top down and got rid of the bow that allows the wind noise. If its old news forgive the post.. if it helps anybody else.. kuddos. Just thought I would pass it along.
Hey man!! I ask about you everytime we have lunch, we all thought you had moved or some crap!
Speaking of recalls....Recall ID # 09V436000 - POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
it affects 161,00 units and deals with the AOD transmission overheating.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Junkie

Default Mountainside Ride this Saturday

Interesting. Sounds like there are a number of Huntsville area folks thinking about this ride.

JK-Rubi
Denny
jasonclarkusaf
Travis
uofagrad05

Anyone else?

Wes - you in upper Siberia again, or can you make this trip?

Justin - I'd pay your entrance fee just to see that Red Rock Crystal khaki JK of yours out on the trail. Come join us.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks for the info Steve - haven't had this issue, but good to know just in case.

Originally Posted by BullDawg
Old 12-14-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Interesting. Sounds like there are a number of Huntsville area folks thinking about this ride.

JK-Rubi
Denny
jasonclarkusaf
Travis
uofagrad05

Anyone else?

Justin - I'd pay your entrance fee just to see that Red Rock Crystal khaki JK of yours out on the trail. Come join us.
building a mustang this weekend. Trying to get her finished up before the holidays. I'm having a bunch of family in town and the plan is to go out and beat on this thing (they all had mustangs). So hoping I can get it together. Plus I'm a pavement pounder. I don't want to scratch the paint LOL. After I get the 'stang project done, I'm going to actually get my YJ running and try to come up with 2" BB for the JK

edit:and dude up a couple posts is f***ing crazy. I can't believe someone would risk it like that, but dang, it sure is impressive.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi

JK-Rubi
Denny
jasonclarkusaf
Travis
uofagrad05

Anyone else?

In keeping with my tradition...I am being the Uber-douche and will miss this trailride.
However, I will be thinking of you guys while I am shredding up the side of Jackson Hole, WY on my snowboard for the next two weeks.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat