Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-12-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
I wish I had a job that required them to outfit me with a Jeep like this!!!
That is pretty neat.

Hmmm . . . I really like the contrast of those black hinges on the white doors.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 12-12-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
That is pretty neat.

Hmmm . . . I really like the contrast of those black hinges on the white doors.

That is seriously Bad-A
Old 12-12-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am planning on going to Mountinside. I will be coming back from TDY late Friday, so we will see.

Has there been a meeting time and place set?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Default Mountainside Dec 19th Christmas Ride

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
I am planning on going to Mountinside. I will be coming back from TDY late Friday, so we will see.

Has there been a meeting time and place set?
No meeting time set yet, but I'm thinking of leaving the parking lot of the Drake/South Parkway Walmart at 7:30 AM Saturday of the ride. If others decide they want to leave sooner, I may join them but I won't be leaving the parking lot a minute later than 0730. I'll already be fueled up so won't need to stop, which means I'll reach the park a little before 9:30, where I'll air down, and join whoever else is already there.

Several of the other non-Huntsville area folks have activities planned that evening so I suspect the group will start to break up around 3 to 4 that afternoon, which means I should be able to get in 5 to 6 hours of wheeling. Should be fun.

Of course in keeping with the Huntsville Area Thread tradition, this is all tenuously tentative.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Junkie

Default Travis JK Sighting

Saw Travis' JK today out on 72W near the Hughes Rd intersection around lunch time. Not %100 sure, but even though I don't think Travis was driving, I did notice that it's still sporting a Landers McLarty tag on the back - so he must still own the Greystone.

Anyone know where he's been lately?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:23 AM
JK Junkie

Default Sherrif's Jeep

The more I look at that pic of the Sherrif's JK, the more the guy in the driver's seat looks like RECON wearing sunglasses. Am I the only one?
Old 12-13-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Saw Travis' JK today out on 72W near the Hughes Rd intersection around lunch time. Not %100 sure, but even though I don't think Travis was driving, I did notice that it's still sporting a Landers McLarty tag on the back - so he must still own the Greystone.

Anyone know where he's been lately?
I spied him the other day, headed the opposite direction (roughly the same place you mentioned above) and noticed the Landers tag too. But I thought he paid his fine and got "real" plate put on...I sure hope he didn't sell/trade it in.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

What's up everyone! Haven't been online in a while. Looks like several of you are going to Mountside for the ride coming up. Unfortunately, for me, all rides are temporarily postponed. Got laid off last week, and so all extra $ will be going to things like house and Jeep payments. I hope to be back on my feet (and back wheelin) very soon, hopefully around the first of the year.

Hope everyone enjoys the Mountainside ride! Post lots of pics for those of us not attending!

And, if I don't talk to everyone before the holidays, I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

Anthony
Old 12-13-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

And, if I don't talk to everyone before the holidays, I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

Anthony
Thanks bro, same to you. Keep your chin up and we'll chat with you soon.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
What's up everyone! Haven't been online in a while. Looks like several of you are going to Mountside for the ride coming up. Unfortunately, for me, all rides are temporarily postponed. Got laid off last week, and so all extra $ will be going to things like house and Jeep payments. I hope to be back on my feet (and back wheelin) very soon, hopefully around the first of the year.

Hope everyone enjoys the Mountainside ride! Post lots of pics for those of us not attending!

Anthony
i hate to hear that anthony, esp right here around the holidays. Holler if you need anything.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat