Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 12-08-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilky
Cool, thanks for the input...from you too Justin.
I would bet it is the ESP that is causing the problem, but the really question is what is causing the ESP to turn on in the first place. I wonder if it is from lifting the jeep and not replacing the trackbar with an adjustable one. Have we heard of anybody else with this problem that has a totally stock Jeep? Just wondering.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
I would bet it is the ESP that is causing the problem, but the really question is what is causing the ESP to turn on in the first place. I wonder if it is from lifting the jeep and not replacing the trackbar with an adjustable one. Have we heard of anybody else with this problem that has a totally stock Jeep? Just wondering.
Interesting theory. I think you might have stumbled onto something.
can the ESP 'turn on' enough to activate the calipers...but not activate the ESP light on the dash???
If so, it could constantly be 'partially' compressing the calipers without the driver ever knowing it was occurring.

Still, the ESP is awesome (IMO) and I wouldn't get rid of it if someone paid me. I'm willing to burn through brake pads to have that extra edge during lose of traction. anyone who's driven their JK in massive snow might agree with me...or not

Last edited by Wilky; 12-08-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
Interesting theory. I think you might have stumbled onto something.
can the ESP 'turn on' enough to activate the calipers...but not activate the ESP light on the dash???
If so, it could constantly be 'partially' compressing the calipers without the driver ever knowing it was occurring.

Still, the ESP is awesome (IMO) and I wouldn't get rid of it if someone paid me. I'm willing to burn through brake pads to have that extra edge during lose of traction. anyone who's driven their JK in massive snow might agree with me...or not
your in the huntsville al thread. We don't know what snow is. I do now ESP won't let me do big smokey brake stands
Old 12-08-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

so its raining cats and dogs, I think I'm going to float away!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Junkie

Sure is quiet here lately. Everyone must be working on secret mods for the Mountainside ride next weekend (Saturday, Dec 19th).
Old 12-10-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Sure is quiet here lately. Everyone must be working on secret mods for the Mountainside ride next weekend (Saturday, Dec 19th).
yep, I was starting to wonder where folks b??
I'm off tomorrow, my building on Redstone flooded during the rains and they are still cleaning it out...so I am hitting the surrounding area starting early looking for auto salvage yards and a wrecked 2007-2009 Dodge Nitro. It's time to do the Nitro 'Infinity Amp' upgrade.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
What's your next mod?
Old 12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I wish I had a job that required them to outfit me with a Jeep like this!!!

Originally Posted by sheriff-fifi
in the natural element

Old 12-12-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Junkie

Default Mountainside

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Man at this rate, that new Atlanta/North Georgia thread will pass us in no time.
I think every thread has its lulls - sometimes there's not a lot to chat about, or folks are just preoccupied with other things. I hope the guys in the Atlanta/North Georgia area enjoy their local thread as much as I've enjoyed this one.

Originally Posted by Denny2565
So is anyone planning on making the Mountainside trip next weekend? Right now, I'm a pretty firm tentative.
Following our Huntsville area modus operandi, I'm also refusing to fully commit just in case I decide at the last moment not to attend. Basically though,
I'm planning to go unless it's raining or there's been a monsoon down there the night before.

This will be my 6th trip down there. I really, really enjoy this park - perfect for JK owners of all experience levels. If your looking to take your JK out onto some trails, this is the place to go. Lots of fun stuff, and easy trails are right next to difficult trails so you never really "lose" the other people you're riding with.

Here's a pic from the first ride I ever went on down to Mountainside. Jason and I are running stock wheels/tires, and Dennis was still running his 33" ATZs:

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 12-12-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

Default Mirror Mod

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
What's your next mod?
Drill the mirrors, if I can find some time and the gumption.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat