Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wilky, you live in AL now...3rd brake light not required. Hell, 2 isn't even required
Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
wilky, you live in AL now...3rd brake light not required. Hell, 2 isn't even required
Yeah, I kinda noticed that.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

Default Trailmaster Suspension 5" Lift Kit with SSV Shocks and Drive Lines

Originally Posted by Wilky
uuhhhh....yeah....I wouldn't think a kit that price would include replacement driveshafts. But, if it does I want one.
Driveshafts (drive lines) included. Trailmaster forum rep thinks Quadratec made a pricing error. If you check other sites, the price is around $2500. Sure is tempting, and Trailmaster is now owned (for a couple of years at least) by OR-Fab, so I suspect their quality has improved considerably.

What I can't figure out is whether the 5" is total, or an absolute minimum with 6-7 inches possible.

Here's a pic of kit installed on a 2DR:
Old 12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

Default Travis Spotting

Forgot to mention this earlier, but saw Travis (in his JK) this past Sunday afternoon coming out of the Home Depot shopping area at Hughes Rd / Hwy 72 intersection. I don't think he saw me even though I was driving the Rubi (have to get it out on the road occasionally to keep the battery charged ).
Old 12-02-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

never knew how long the brake lines were on this thing. Looks like you can damn near take the thing to the work bench
Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a good turkey day until I was leaving a friends after dinner. Cold tires and heavy throttle does not mix. Layed my Harley down in the road . I still have a sore wrist and about 3 grand and count on the Harley . I guess that is why I have insurance.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MDodson
I had a good turkey day until I was leaving a friends after dinner. Cold tires and heavy throttle does not mix. Layed my Harley down in the road . I still have a sore wrist and about 3 grand and count on the Harley . I guess that is why I have insurance.
Ouch. Sorry to hear about the mishap, but glad you're all right.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Junkie

Default Smokie Mountains

Looks like I may be pelted with a little snow while up in the Smokies this weekend . . . am ready for zero degree weather.

If I survive backpacking, hope to make the Mountainside ride in a couple of weeks.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

thats not good...hate to hear about your bike and your wrist.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Damn, that sux man. Glad to hear you are all right. Bikes are fixable. But it is just a crappy feeling right after you tear something up like that. I have been there, done that tooooo many times.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat