Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-13-2008, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bama JK
Maybe next time we get out riding it wont be in the low 80's, and it will feel more like fall
We still tentatively planning on hitting the ORV park this weekend? Since it's only about 45 minutes away, I wouldn't mind heading over mid-morning (10:30 - 11:00 A.M.) as that would give us 5-6 hours of trail riding, unless we all follow behind bama JK with his fine arsenal of auxiliary lights (probably could add 2-3 more hours). Hopefully that'd be enough for one day.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tboginski

PICTURES - COMMING SOON, AS SOON AS I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST
How to post pics on the forum.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
You know what they say, "Seeing is believing".
Seriously though, those mods sound nice. On the rear bumper, I wanted one that included a tire carrier, and ended up having to choose between the Shrockworks full width and the LoD Signature series. If it ever arrives, I'm going with the Shrockworks as it keeps the spare tight to the body and low so the rear view isn't too obstructed - common fault, in my view, of most after market rear bumpers/tire carriers.

I'M THINKING ABOUT JUST A SIMPLE TUBULAR STYLE, I KINDA LIKE THE SIMPLICITY, AND I'VE SPENT ALL MY MONEY

ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY GREAT DEALS?
I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTONS
Old 10-13-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jk-rubi
thank you, i'm leaving work now, i'll go home and snap a few, hopefully night shots will do her justice.
I honestly love how everything turned out, i could not be happier.
This jeep was supposed to just be my weekend toy but i haven't driven my audi since i bought it.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

We still tentatively planning on hitting the ORV park this weekend? Since it's only about 45 minutes away, I wouldn't mind heading over mid-morning (10:30 - 11:00 A.M.) as that would give us 5-6 hours of trail riding, unless we all follow behind bama JK with his fine arsenal of auxiliary lights (probably could add 2-3 more hours). Hopefully that'd be enough for one day.
As long as I can get at lest one or two guys to give me a for sure, then I'll be going.
I just don't want to go with out a buddy system. So Thursday night I'll see how it looks and let everyone that maybe on the fence about it know who is going, where to meet up and when. So if anyone would like to go just send me a PM or email.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tboginski
I'VE HAD MY JEEP FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS NOW. HERE IS THE UPDATE:

CAI - INSTALLED - LOVE IT!
NEW GRILL - INSTALLED - LOOKS MEAN
HEAD LIGHT GUARDS - INSTALLED - COMPLETES THE IN YO FACE LOOK
TAIL LIGHT COVERS - INSTALLED - LOVE THEM!
NEW WHEELS & TIRES - INSTALLED - THANKS ROCKET CITY OFF ROAD
FOG LIGHTS - WINDSHEILD MOUNTED - MAYBE TO SMALL?
RANCHO FRONT BUMPER - ORDERED
REAR BUMPER - DECIDING WHAT TO BUY
MAGNA FLOW EXHAUST - TO BE INSTALLED IN A WEEK

PICTURES - COMMING SOON, AS SOON AS I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST

TRAIL RIDING - SUNDAY MORNING @ 7 A.M.

Not a bad start
The Jeep bug bit you hard didn't it.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
As long as I can get at lest one or two guys to give me a for sure, then I'll be going.
I just don't want to go with out a buddy system. So Thursday night I'll see how it looks and let everyone that maybe on the fence about it know who is going, where to meet up and when. So if anyone would like to go just send me a PM or email.
I'll go if we can leave mid/late morning. Hopefully will have the Cobra 75 hooked up, and will be ready to chat.
We do need to start bringing CBs or something for communication on these jaunts.

Edit: Just got your PM bama, as you can see from the above, I'll be ready to chat, and if you guys want to head down early, I can follow later. How long you planning on wheeling?

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 10-13-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

I wouldn't mind going to the park...but I would rather leave early morning and come back after lunch. I was hoping to catch the bama game at 2:30....
Old 10-13-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by In5ane
I wouldn't mind going to the park...but I would rather leave early morning and come back after lunch. I was hoping to catch the bama game at 2:30....
Hmmm. That might be an idea - then when everyone's watching the game, I could hit the empty streets for a little cycling.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll go if we can leave mid/late morning. Hopefully will have the Cobra 75 hooked up, and will be ready to chat.
We do need to start bringing CBs or something for communication on these jaunts.

Edit: Just got your PM bama, as you can see from the above, I'll be ready to chat, and if you guys want to head down early, I can follow later. How long you planning on wheeling?
Well depending on how early I can get the wife moving, mid morning may be best all around. And I guess we can ride till are Jeeps run out of gas, or we do one.
And yes we all need CBs!!

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat