Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 11-07-2009, 03:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just in case anyone was wondering what a Blue Rubi 2DR, with 2.5" TF coils, and 35" MTRs might look like.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Just in case anyone was wondering what a Blue Rubi 2DR, with 2.5" TF coils, and 35" MTRs might look like.

Nice color
Old 11-07-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub

Side note: I have had quite a bit of door rattle when going over bumps. Pretty common thing, from the posts that I see on here. When I put the hardtop back on, I noticed that there are two holes in the front corner of the hardtop for bolts. They bolt right in between the front and back doors, near the B pillar. I went to Lowe's to get some bolts to bolt down the corners of the hardtop. After I put them in, the door rattle is almost non-existent.
I may try and see if there are additional bolts that need tightening on the roll cage.
So, if anyone has the old door rattle when driving on rough roads, you may look up there to see if everything is tight. I always thought it was the door latch rattling, but apparently it was coming from the roll cage.

Anthony
I don't have any door rattle...so I can guess that my complete top has never been off. Would you snap a picture of what you're talking about so I can check mine?
Old 11-07-2009, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm with Anthony on the trail ride. I have my bumpstops done, so lets hit a trail soon.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default stuff...

Is this one of our guys selling this stuff off "C's list"????
If so, I am interested.
"Jeep JK CB Bracket / Firestik II / Cable - $40 (Madison, Al)"
Old 11-08-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

Default New CB Stuff

Originally Posted by Wilky
Is this one of our guys selling this stuff off "C's list"????
If so, I am interested.
"Jeep JK CB Bracket / Firestik II / Cable - $40 (Madison, Al)"
That's a good deal especially for all new stuff - I'd be more than interested, I'd be calling that guy and buying if I were in the market.

Remember to check on antenna length (2' might be too short, and you probably don't want some 5' one), and whether you cut, or use a screw to tune it. Let us know if you snag this stuff.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
I don't have any door rattle...so I can guess that my complete top has never been off. Would you snap a picture of what you're talking about so I can check mine?

Here is a shot of the bolt I used:

It is the same size / thread as the 6 bolts that hold the hardtop to the body in the back. I think they were something like M8/1.125.

Here are some shots of the bedlined top as well.

Anthony
Old 11-08-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I've got the door rattle too. It has something to do with the door latch hitting the striker plate/bar on the door frame when the door bounces up and down due to bumps. I guess the hard top helps snug the door to keep it from bouncing.
Yea, not sure why it worked, just glad that it did! I saw a post somewhere on here about somebody getting rid of their rattle by tightening some bolts up where the cross bar attaches to the side bar. But I think you have to have the hardtop off ( or the soft top down) to access those. I am just happy the rattle is gone.

Anthony
Old 11-08-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks for the pic Anthony. May have to poke around a little and see if that's also applicable to 2DRs.

I think they were something like M8/1.125.
Where'd you buy them (just in case I have to procure a few)?

Here is a shot of the bolt I used:

It is the same size / thread as the 6 bolts that hold the hardtop to the body in the back. I think they were something like M8/1.125.

Anthony

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 11-08-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Junkie

Default Bedliner Top

Looks really good in the pics. Nice job.

Glad my JK is white, otherwise I might be tempted to also make this mod. Did you remove the hardware first, or just mask?

Here are some shots of the bedlined top as well.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat