Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-10-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is anyone wheeling this weekend??
Old 10-10-2008, 08:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
So is anyone wheeling this weekend??
Denny3565 and I are almost positively, absolutely, maybe going to ride tomorrow afternoon.

Very last minute plans, so will confirm tomorrow. I'm hitting the sack, and will follow up when I can think straight (or least better than the fog I'm in at the moment).
Old 10-11-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Denny2565
OK last minute plans. Gary and I are going to meet at Wendy's on Hwy 72E close to Moores Mill Rd around 1:30. If anyone else is available and wants to come, we will probably get a bite to eat and head out. Don't know what we will find, but won't know if we don't go.
Ok, I'll see you guys there!!
Old 10-11-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

Default Today's Ride

Dennis, bama JK, In5ane (including wife), and I went exploring for some local trails to ride today. We were able to get off-road, but didn't find anything that would go for miles. Closest we came was up a road/trail that went right by some dilapidated ramshackle buildings that looked like . . . like, well like bad people might be doing bad things inside - we'll leave it at that.

Need to find the secret trails next trip - actually we knew where they were, and even had an elderly gentleman confirm our suspicions, but access up to the main arteries are all gated off by hunting clubs, etc.

We did however, travel through some very pretty coves and hollows, and I enjoyed meeting more of the local JK gang, so overall, it was a great time.

Sorry for the lousy pics . . . not sure what the problem was today other than the photographer didn't do a very good job.
Click image for larger version

Name:	In the Hollow.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	14062

Click image for larger version

Name:	End of Trail.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	14063

Attachment 14065
Old 10-11-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Dennis, bama JK, In5ane (including wife), and I went exploring for some local trails to ride today. We were able to get off-road, but didn't find anything that would go for miles. Closest we came was up a road/trail that went right by some dilapidated ramshackle buildings that looked like . . . like, well like bad people might be doing bad things inside - we'll leave it at that.

Need to find the secret trails next trip - actually we knew where they were, and even had an elderly gentleman confirm our suspicions, but access up to the main arteries are all gated off by hunting clubs, etc.

We did however, travel through some very pretty coves and hollows, and I enjoyed meeting more of the local JK gang, so overall, it was a great time.

Sorry for the lousy pics . . . not sure what the problem was today other than the photographer didn't do a very good job.
Attachment 14062

Attachment 14063

Attachment 14065
I got to say....my stock X went everywhere the rubi did today!

Good to finally meet you Gary! Next time hopefully we will find some better trails.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:14 PM
JK Junkie

Ack!! Doubling checking Google maps and we drove right by one of the main access entries yesterday.

And those suspicious private drive signs on that one road sure seem bogus, as there are several houses a half mile further up the road. I'd like to check with county on that one, and yes, all kinds of trails branch off from that road as it nears its terminus.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by In5ane
Good to finally meet you Gary! Next time hopefully we will find some better trails.
Enjoyed meeting you Dewayne, and Katie (SP?). And yes, hopefully we can break the code on the trails soon.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dewayne, Dennis It was good to see you guys again, and it was great to meet you Gary. Even though we didn't have the best luck finding trails, I had a great time out riding with you all. I think everyone would agree that being out with four nice looking JK's roaming the country side, is a great way to spend the day. Maybe next time we get out riding it wont be in the low 80's, and it will feel more like fall
Old 10-13-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

I'VE HAD MY JEEP FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS NOW. HERE IS THE UPDATE:

CAI - INSTALLED - LOVE IT!
NEW GRILL - INSTALLED - LOOKS MEAN
HEAD LIGHT GUARDS - INSTALLED - COMPLETES THE IN YO FACE LOOK
TAIL LIGHT COVERS - INSTALLED - LOVE THEM!
NEW WHEELS & TIRES - INSTALLED - THANKS ROCKET CITY OFF ROAD
FOG LIGHTS - WINDSHEILD MOUNTED - MAYBE TO SMALL?
RANCHO FRONT BUMPER - ORDERED
REAR BUMPER - DECIDING WHAT TO BUY
MAGNA FLOW EXHAUST - TO BE INSTALLED IN A WEEK

PICTURES - COMMING SOON, AS SOON AS I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST

TRAIL RIDING - SUNDAY MORNING @ 7 A.M.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:33 PM
JK Junkie

Default tboginski Mods

You know what they say, "Seeing is believing".
Seriously though, those mods sound nice. On the rear bumper, I wanted one that included a tire carrier, and ended up having to choose between the Shrockworks full width and the LoD Signature series. If it ever arrives, I'm going with the Shrockworks as it keeps the spare tight to the body and low so the rear view isn't too obstructed - common fault, in my view, of most after market rear bumpers/tire carriers.

Originally Posted by tboginski
CAI - INSTALLED - LOVE IT!
NEW GRILL - INSTALLED - LOOKS MEAN
HEAD LIGHT GUARDS - INSTALLED - COMPLETES THE IN YO FACE LOOK
TAIL LIGHT COVERS - INSTALLED - LOVE THEM!
NEW WHEELS & TIRES - INSTALLED - THANKS ROCKET CITY OFF ROAD
FOG LIGHTS - WINDSHEILD MOUNTED - MAYBE TO SMALL?
RANCHO FRONT BUMPER - ORDERED
REAR BUMPER - DECIDING WHAT TO BUY
MAGNA FLOW EXHAUST - TO BE INSTALLED IN A WEEK

PICTURES - COMMING SOON, AS SOON AS I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat