Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-10-2009, 04:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damnit... still no replies. Enjoy your sleep you lazy asses!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default from the gadsden area

im from the gadsden area, joined the army 5 years ago, trying to get stationed in huntsville. i really miss trail riding back home guys!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by alabamaslinger
im from the gadsden area, joined the army 5 years ago, trying to get stationed in huntsville. i really miss trail riding back home guys!
Welcome to the group, you say you're from Gadsden...where are you now?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wilky
Welcome to the group, you say you're from Gadsden...where are you now?
im in afghanistan, stationed out of ft lewis WA. trying ot go to redstone when i leave there
Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

im in Afghanistan, stationed out of ft lewis WA. trying ot go to redstone when i leave there
Thanks for serving alabamaslinger, and welcome to the Huntsville area thread. Hopefully you can get deployed here after Afghanistan - let us know if you pull it off.

I love Mountainside ORV Park down where you grew up. Been there four times, and hope to go back many more.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Interesting that you post this Wes. Was just signing on to say I saw some poor Redrock Unlimited just absolutely getting hammered by rain a few moments ago. He/she was heading South on the Parkway just past the municipal golf course with the top down, doors mounted, windows up. Had some sort of neon orange "bicycle" flag sticking up from behind the rear seats (or possibly attached to rear rollbar).

Looked lifted, but I only caught a fleeting glimpse even though I was, like the rest of the traffic, merely poking along at 35mph in a 50mph speed zone. That's because the rain was dropping out of the sky like a waterfall - just pounding. Visibility was maybe 6-7 car lengths with my wipers on Max speed. Standing water was 2-3 inches at least.

Felt really sorry for the guy - hope it wasn't one of us.
I see that Jeep just about every day heading out of Madison towards Hunstville on 20. See him on my way home. I don't thinik he is on here. I think he has had the top off every time I see him (remember seeing the flags on the back of the roll bar). Hopefully he had the drain plugs out!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I got a couple of tickets to the Tenn.-Ga. game Saturday as a bday present. Neyland Stadium was an awesome experience. 106,000 people .......... and we were 28 rows up in the end zone. Great seats. Whenever they kicked a FG or PA in the North end zone, the football came about 4 or 5 rows from hitting us.
Good Times.
And another Road Trip in the JK. That's one trip to DC, and one to Knoxville. The Jeep did great on the highway. Funny how people look at you when you pass them on the interstate in a JKU.

Anthony
Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

so you leave for a week and come back to rainy cold weather. I'm going back to the Caribbean. I guess I'll have to put the doors and top back on before I leave the house today
Old 10-12-2009, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Thanks for serving alabamaslinger, and welcome to the Huntsville area thread. Hopefully you can get deployed here after Afghanistan - let us know if you pull it off.

I love Mountainside ORV Park down where you grew up. Been there four times, and hope to go back many more.
its a really good place to go i went there when i was on leave a while back, i was in my old beater truck with my buddy i sold it too, go on youtube and look at the vids on there, my old truck is the one titled cody came to play with 42s
Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum, and x2 on the thanks for serving the USofA!

Anthony
Old 10-13-2009, 01:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default rustys gear

have any of you guys tried any of the rustys gear, you should check it out

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat