Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-07-2008, 05:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone's been out snapping new pictures.

Looking good bama!!

Attachment 13862
Old 10-07-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Thanks. By the way, I'm crediting Red08JK for the below Volant purchase, 'cause if he hadn't squealed his tires halfway down Denny2565's street, I would have never known I "needed" a CAI.

In reality, just made a low-ball bid on eBarf, and ended up winning the auction. Now we'll have yet another anecdotal data point with respect to the efficacy of these devices.

Cleaned the filter this evening, am letting it dry out overnight - will add oil, and possibly install tomorrow.

Attachment 13860
You guys are making getting a CAI high on my list of things to get!!
Thats a good looking one, I like the ones with the box.

Someone's been out snapping new pictures.

Looking good bama!!

Attachment 13862
Thanks man.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks. By the way, I'm crediting Red08JK for the below Volant purchase, 'cause if he hadn't squealed his tires halfway down Denny2565's street, I would have never known I "needed" a CAI.

In reality, just made a low-ball bid on eBarf, and ended up winning the auction. Now we'll have yet another anecdotal data point with respect to the efficacy of these devices.

Cleaned the filter this evening, am letting it dry out overnight - will add oil, and possibly install tomorrow.

Attachment 13860
Man, somebody has money to burn. You must buy something new a week.
nice looking CAI, is it going to sit in your garage like your tires??
Old 10-08-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Default wow, i found you guys

I live in Madison as well.
I used to be the new car manager at VW/Audi of huntsville so I bought a 2008 Audi A4, then I got a Job as the used car manager @ Landers Mclarty Chrysler dodge jeep so 3 weeks ago I bought a 2007 JK.
I love it, i've done a few mods (black grill, intake, windsheild lights....) but the big stuff starts friday, Rocket City offroad is putting my wheels and tires on!
I'm so ready to go wheeling. I drove to Wooly's last weekend but the trails looked to intimidating for my girlfriend, she was very scared so we turned around and came home.
Any good places closer to home?
Any trips plannrd?
I'm all in!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tboginski
I used to be the new car manager at VW/Audi of huntsville so I bought a 2008 Audi A4, then I got a Job as the used car manager @ Landers Mclarty Chrysler dodge jeep so 3 weeks ago I bought a 2007 JK.
I love it, i've done a few mods (black grill, intake, windsheild lights....) but the big stuff starts friday, Rocket City offroad is putting my wheels and tires on!
I'm so ready to go wheeling. I drove to Wooly's last weekend but the trails looked to intimidating for my girlfriend, she was very scared so we turned around and came home.
Any good places closer to home?
Any trips plannrd?
I'm all in!
Hello and welcome to to the JEEP world. As far as great riding places, well, were still looking. And my I be the first to invite you to join the Tennessee Valley Jeep Club. Were still a small group, but a good one. See the TVJC-Huntsville thread for some info on the trip I'm trying to get going. Are next meeting, I think will be Nov 6th, so keep eye out for more info on that. Anyway welcome to the group!!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

thanks, glad to be here.
I saw a few posts about my dealership, Sorry for any hassles anyone had to go through , pretty sure we got the kinks worked out.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Red08JK
Man, somebody has money to burn. You must buy something new a week.
nice looking CAI, is it going to sit in your garage like your tires??
Ouch!! Yeah, I know I'm an easy target right now
. . . but, it'll be a different story if/when all this stuff ever gets installed.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome!! Glad to have another local JK on the board.

. . . so 3 weeks ago I bought a 2007 JK.
I love it, i've done a few mods (black grill, intake, windsheild lights....), but the big stuff starts Friday, Rocket City offroad is putting my wheels and tires on!
Congratulations!! Now get outside and snap some .

Any good places closer to home? Any trips planned? I'm all in!
Denny2565 and I are thinking about something this Saturday afternoon, but nothing definitive yet, and the two places we have in mind are unknown in terms of access (one spot was recommended, so we're not going in totally blind, but the guy hasn't been on that trail lately). First place is out near Madison County Lake, second out toward Princeton, AL. If they're open, we'll hit a home run, if not, we may have to "explore/wander" a bit to find something.

Not seeking commitments, etc., but will post something here Friday evening if we decide to ride. Probably just meet at the Wendy's out on Hwy 72E like we did last trip.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

i sell cars for a living....i haven't had a saturday off in.......hmmm.....maybe i never have had a saturday off. but you guys have fun and let us know how it is, maybe i can make it on a sunday or something.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=JK-Rubi;727330] Now get outside and snap some . QUOTE]

i want to get my wheels on first.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat