Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-06-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, thats what I was hopin you'd say. Since I got the jeep I've been workin some long hours so I haven't had time to take any pics, but I will as soon as I get time and its light outside. I think my first mod with a be a small lift.... Are you guys with 2 - 2 1/2 " lifts happy with them? How do they ride? thanks for all the help
Old 10-06-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nucorman
.... Are you guys with 2 - 2 1/2 " lifts happy with them? How do they ride? thanks for all the help
Well mine rides good and I'm happy with it for now, but I know that someday that I'll probably get a 4"+ long arm but not for a long time.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks, thats what I was hopin you'd say. Since I got the jeep I've been workin some long hours so I haven't had time to take any pics, but I will as soon as I get time and its light outside. I think my first mod with a be a small lift.... Are you guys with 2 - 2 1/2 " lifts happy with them? How do they ride? thanks for all the help
Can't really say yet on my Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift with the TF 9550 shocks, as I haven't really taken it for a rigorous trail test yet (plan to rectify that when I head to Tellico in about a month). My ride is definitely "harsher" than stock, but hopefully it will "soften" when I install new bumpers, winch and larger spare.

By the way, I think it's wise going with a smaller less invasive lift during the warranty period, and then when it's over, going with the more radical and dramatic modifications.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Just a couple pics of my new tires - yeah, I need to get them mounted (Denny2565 has already voiced dismay over my lackadaisical attitude regarding that particular detail).

I was going with blackwall facing out, but since Red08JK is getting those wheel strobe lights (or whatever those abominations are called), I've decided to mount them with the outlined letters showing, except I'm going fill in each letter with a different neon color. They'll look like rainbows going down the road.

Attachment 13700

32" verses 34.5" (315/75R16)
Attachment 13701
Nice tires man.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Just a couple pics of my new tires - yeah, I need to get them mounted (Denny2565 has already voiced dismay over my lackadaisical attitude regarding that particular detail).

I was going with blackwall facing out, but since Red08JK is getting those wheel strobe lights (or whatever those abominations are called), I've decided to mount them with the outlined letters showing, except I'm going fill in each letter with a different neon color. They'll look like rainbows going down the road.

Attachment 13700

32" verses 34.5" (315/75R16)
Attachment 13701
Not bad...kinda small aren't they...?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the info... I'm really enjoyin the jeep so far. Today after it rained I noticed a few drops of water on the passenger side door. I have the freedom top on now, is this normal? Have any of you found any good spots to go ridin around here yet? thanks again for the help..
Old 10-07-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the info... I'm really enjoyin the jeep so far. Today after it rained I noticed a few drops of water on the passenger side door. I have the freedom top on now, is this normal? Have any of you found any good spots to go ridin around here yet? thanks again for the help..
From my experience the tops just leak, hard and soft. I don't like it, but it seems to be normal.

As far as i know we have yet to find any great trails but we're looking. Have you seen the thread on the Tennessee Valley Jeep Club (TVJC)? We're still getting off the ground but we had a good first meeting and you should keep a eye on it for info on are next meeting (I think Nov. 6th.) Your welcome to come and have some fun.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by In5ane
Not bad...
Originally Posted by Red08JK
Nice tires man.
Thanks. By the way, I'm crediting Red08JK for the below Volant purchase, 'cause if he hadn't squealed his tires halfway down Denny2565's street, I would have never known I "needed" a CAI.

In reality, just made a low-ball bid on eBarf, and ended up winning the auction. Now we'll have yet another anecdotal data point with respect to the efficacy of these devices.

Cleaned the filter this evening, am letting it dry out overnight - will add oil, and possibly install tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Volant CAI.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	13860

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 10-07-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bama JK
From my experience the tops just leak, hard and soft. I don't like it, but it seems to be normal.

As far as i know we have yet to find any great trails but we're looking. Have you seen the thread on the Tennessee Valley Jeep Club (TVJC)? We're still getting off the ground but we had a good first meeting and you should keep a eye on it for info on are next meeting (I think Nov. 6th.) Your welcome to come and have some fun.
Sounds like fun, hope I can make it.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Junkie

thanks for the info... I'm really enjoyin the jeep so far. Today after it rained I noticed a few drops of water on the passenger side door. I have the freedom top on now, is this normal?
Many folks don't have leaks, or if they did, fiddled around with their tops such that they eliminated them. Just do a search on freedom tops + leak, and you'll have pages of reading material.

I'm not sure that one common cause has been identified, so you'll probably have to try various "fixes" until something works.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat