Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 10-02-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Looks very nice Bama . . . and you've added a few lights too haven't you?
Thanks, I love this bumper. And till I can see a ant crossing the road 500 feet in front of me, I will always be getting more lights
Old 10-02-2008, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by In5ane
I did manage to take a peak at it when I left, it looks pretty awesome!!!

I think when I get mine, I may get those guys to build it. I've heard a lot of good things about them. Plus, they don't get their stuff on a boat from China!
Thanks man. From now on I'll get all I can from them, hell they can make a great bumper in a week and I get to support jobs here in ALABAMA!!
Old 10-03-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Junkie

Default Dick Cepek Mud Country Tires

Just a couple pics of my new tires - yeah, I need to get them mounted (Denny2565 has already voiced dismay over my lackadaisical attitude regarding that particular detail).

I was going with blackwall facing out, but since Red08JK is getting those wheel strobe lights (or whatever those abominations are called), I've decided to mount them with the outlined letters showing, except I'm going fill in each letter with a different neon color. They'll look like rainbows going down the road.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Black or White Letters.jpg
Views:	4574
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	13700

32" verses 34.5" (315/75R16)
Click image for larger version

Name:	32 vs 35.jpg
Views:	7121
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	13701
Old 10-03-2008, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey JK-Rubi, those tires look great Man what a big difference from the BFG MT's. So what are you going to do for wheels?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Just a couple pics of my new tires - yeah, I need to get them mounted (Denny2565 has already voiced dismay over my lackadaisical attitude regarding that particular detail).

I was going with blackwall facing out, but since Red08JK is getting those wheel strobe lights (or whatever those abominations are called), I've decided to mount them with the outlined letters showing, except I'm going fill in each letter with a different neon color. They'll look like rainbows going down the road.

Attachment 13700

32" verses 34.5" (315/75R16)
Attachment 13701
you gonna sell your stock rims/wheels?
Old 10-04-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ccdjeep
you gonna sell your stock rims/wheels?
Yes, I am. Am seriously thinking of listing them on evilBay as they tend to sell for a more realistic value than here on the forum (looks to be around the $900 range).

That makes sense considering Quadratec sells the Rubi alloy Moab wheels for $169 each, and the Rubi tires apparently go for $94 each, if you can find them. Their construction is supposedly a little different than the standard KM line in that they have "hooks" on the lugs to reduce road noise, and the lugs are just a tad bit closer to each other (may have also been a noise reduction feature). Anyway, that totals about $1315, then add roughly $150 for shipping and mounting, and you're talking $1465.

I had one local $600 offer a few months ago, but am looking for a little bit more if I do sell local. Rims look great (need to clean the dust off them), and the tires presently have 4300 miles on them (spare zero miles). If someone's interested, shoot me a PM.

By the way, one of the reasons I'm probably going to auction them, is that besides the higher dollar amount I'd receive, I don't want to alienate any local guys haggling over stupid tires.

The Rubi's really do dress up an X nicely as evidenced in this pic (of course those half-doors, and that duster don't look bad either):
Old 10-05-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Junkie

Default Mexico Pics

Man these guys do some serious wheeling. Check out the latest pics here. I'll bet they could write a book on Offroad Recovery Procedures.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Hey guys I know this is a bit of a weird question, but is it normal to have to about slam your doors to get them to shut all the way? All four doors on my new jeep are like this. Thanks
Old 10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nucorman
Hey guys I know this is a bit of a weird question, but is it normal to have to about slam your doors to get them to shut all the way? All four doors on my new jeep are like this. Thanks
My is the same way as long as the windows and top are up (which is not often).
Old 10-05-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nucorman
Hey guys, I know this is a bit of a weird question, but is it normal to have to about slam your doors to get them to shut all the way? All four doors on my new jeep are like this. Thanks
Yup! What bama JK said.
Come on nucorman, where's those ??

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 10-05-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat