Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-03-2009, 04:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off-road

Seeing these pics makes me want to head out to Moab so bad.

---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/moab-question-canadian-98087/
Old 09-03-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
You thread killer, you!!

Edit: Well I might as well contribute to this thread's demise too. Anyone from North Alabama heading up to the Coal Creek ride next weekend besides myself?
Care to elaborate?? I'll be in the Smoky's this weekend, but would be down for something next weekend.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Care to elaborate?? I'll be in the Smoky's this weekend, but would be down for something next weekend.
ditto for next weekend from me.
I'll be in Colorado for the Labor Day long weekend.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default lift

Any recommendations on a lift for my 09 rubi (2 dr)? I'm considering a lift and 35s early next year. Also, is there a local shop that can do a good install?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rubizz
Any recommendations on a lift for my 09 rubi (2 dr)? I'm considering a lift and 35s early next year. Also, is there a local shop that can do a good install?
Here's my 2 cents:

Keep it between 2.5 and 3.5 (coil lift is better than a budget boost via spacers).
make sure the lift kit includes a rear track bar brace and adjustable front track bar (not really needed...i don't have one, but they are nice). extended brake lines would be nice too. also, you might need to put longer sway bar links on. the trick is that you can put the rear on the front and just buy longer for the rear

and lastely....
SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!
I promise you there are more than enough people on here (the Huntsville JK crew) to help you do an install. you will save a buttload of $ doing it yourself, become more intimate with your JK and make some good friends in the process.

Anyone want to add their 2 cents???
Old 09-03-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wilky

Anyone want to add their 2 cents???
There are 50 million different lift options, you'll just have to figure out what you "JK Goals" are and go from there. You'll get plenty of guidance from the forum if you have questions. Most importantly, please DO NOT pay someone to put your lift on, most of us have had our JKs taken apart multiple times and could throw a lift on in under 2 hours, not to mention you'll umderstand the components better for troubleshooting down the road
Old 09-03-2009, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

there is a girl on campus that has a sweet 2 door black rubi. There is also a freshman that has a 4 door rubi on @ least 35s, armor, fender flares, COIL OVER LIFT, air compressor, HID's, and his tag is lockrs

edit and the chick is cool because she will wave and teh rubi guy wont...D*ck
Old 09-03-2009, 04:53 PM
JK Junkie

Default Windrock / Coal Creek

Care to elaborate??
Certainly . . . looks to be maybe 4-5 of us so far, but I suspect more will join in and are just keeping their options open at the moment. This is not a Southern JK-Fest, but is one of the couple or so rides that "The South" area forum members will get together on this year.

Here's the link ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/sept-12-13-coal-creek-ohv-oliver-springs-tn-95700/

I'll be in the Smoky's this weekend, but would be down for something next weekend.
P.S. - Just got back from the Smoky's this past weekend. Only did 17 miles, but was on the Appalachian Trail for a little of that - stayed at Derrick Knob shelter. Fun time, and we managed to avoid the deluge. Hope you have a great time - leaves haven't started to change in mass yet, but a few were beginning to turn.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rubizz
What Wilky and Jason said. I've kept my 2Dr Rubi on a 2.5" lift (about 3" actual), and haven't had any of the drivetrain issues that some of the folks with larger lifts experience. Just search around on the forum - in fact, I'd bet if you searched, "What lift should I get?", you'd end up with a hundred hits.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

thanks guys, i'm thinking the 2.5 to 3 lift is the right answer. When i look at the lift advisor on quadratec, and go to the coil lifts, i like the teraflex 2.5 lift with shock adaptors to keep the rubi's shocks. Anyone have this lift? Somewhere i read that it's closer to a 3 in lift.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat