Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-19-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Travis, if you're going to change the oil in the front diff, it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and take off the cover to check things out. I didn't have any problems, but I've read where people have taken the cover off and found metal shavings in the bottom. Besides, it will only add about 15 minutes to the job.
I agree!!!

I need to change the diff fluid in the YuppieJeep. I've changed all the other fluids
Old 08-19-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

and also why I'm in here, when are we going to play on Travis' hill again?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Duster? Is that the cover thing? I got one of them. Best 160 bucks I've spent on my JK. And it goes all the way down so it keeps it dry even with the doors off!!!

edit: this thing?
Here's a pic showing a duster (flat piece across the back area in front of tail gate), a wraparound windjammer (piece with plastic window), and safari bikini top (the roof) on a forum member's JK.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

looks like a lot of work, but overall, I liked those on the 2 doors. I don't know how I feel about them on the 4 door ones. I still dig, but probably wouldn't buy one myself. I do however want a bikini top. My head gets hot
Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

have you guys seen this?! I'm so doing it!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/%7E%7E%7Echeap-easy-led-rock-lights-%7E%7E%7E-94632/
Old 08-19-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would like to try and make me some
Old 08-20-2009, 05:02 AM
JK Junkie

Default LED Rock Lights

Originally Posted by racinfast002
have you guys seen this?! I'm so doing it!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94632
Those lights look awesome . . . I know Steve will want to have some of those on his Super JK. I may be installing those too at some point.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Not a thing wrong with it. It's just your run of the mill 2.5" budget boost. Weren't you the one with the Rubi Rails? Any thoughts of gettign rid of those yet?

Yea, I am the guy that has the Rubi rails. I was holding off on getting rid of them until I decided if I liked my new Rampage rail / steps. But I think they are going to work out great. So, if you want to work out a trade between your BB and the Rubi rails, we could do that. This weekend is no good for me, as I will be out of town. But, if you do the lift swap this weekend, we could meet up next week to do a trade.

I assume your BB is just the pucks and shock extensions, right? I plan on running my stock shocks for now. I like the ride with the stock Rubi shocks and springs.

What lift are you going with? Something with more air under it?

Anthony
Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Yea, I am the guy that has the Rubi rails. I was holding off on getting rid of them until I decided if I liked my new Rampage rail / steps. But I think they are going to work out great. So, if you want to work out a trade between your BB and the Rubi rails, we could do that. This weekend is no good for me, as I will be out of town. But, if you do the lift swap this weekend, we could meet up next week to do a trade.

I assume your BB is just the pucks and shock extensions, right? I plan on running my stock shocks for now. I like the ride with the stock Rubi shocks and springs.

What lift are you going with? Something with more air under it?

Anthony
Done deal. If you want we could make an install party out of this. It would be a good reason for all of us to get together and do a little grilling and get your JK 2.5" taller
Old 08-20-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
What are the details on the lift Jason? Need an extra pair of helping hands (I might be able to drop by Sunday afternoon for awhile)?
4" Rough Country. Complete kit with arms. The more people the better, I'm ready to get my new garage "broken in"

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat