Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-31-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bama JK
Hi guys It's been a long, long time. First, unfortunately I did have to trade in my JK. It seems life knows just how to hit you sometimes. A little over a month ago we found out that our Boxer (Ozzy, 7 years old) has a bad heart problem, after some $1500+ we got him stable and doing ok. The new heart meds they have dogs with BCM work great and we hope to have him with us for at lest one more year. The bad thing is just like all new meds, they are not cheap ($250+ a month) plus trips to Chattanooga for echos and ECG's. So I had to give up my JK to makeup for all the new costs. Anyway I would like to still like to do some ridding with you all sometime as I still have the old MJ. It just cant do anything crazy. Also if anyone would like a hard top for a 4 door let me know. I traded the JK in with everything but the hard top. I would like to get $1000obo for it.
Glad to hear that, besides Ozzy, you guys are doing well. Keep an eye on this thread for our trips, and come join us when you can.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-01-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:53 PM
JK Freak

Hey Jason, good to hear from you. I totally understand where you're coming from with Ozzy. I got my dog from a rescue organization and they spent well over $1,000 making her adoptable. I gave them a nice donation when I got her even though it was no where near what they spent on her. After two years all I can say is she is worth every penny spent on her and more.
By the way, our rides are not JK exclusive so you're welcome to ride with us anytime...even though most of our rides are around the Steak and Shake parking lot.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

WOOT WOOT. Got the trans in the YuppieJeep (YJ) today. Just have to finish up the t-case and get the body on it and she will be ready to go tear it up
Old 08-02-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Bama JK, I was wondering about you man. Sorry to hear about your dog. Keep in touch with us on the forum and the next time I am in town for a ride, you can definately ride shotgun with me!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Alright guys... I am finally getting some mods done on the Jeep! Tboginski, I finally got an AEV Snorkel and I put that on last week. I also got some 33 BFG AT's on and I am getting a 3" BDS lift put on tomorrow. I also got the Congo Cage from Kargo Master and will relocate that Safari Rack off my hardtop to that so I can have it with both tops. I will post some pics up when I get done. I miss being in Bama guys! I will let you all know when I get a chance to come back and hopefully we can schedule up a ride or lunch or something...
Old 08-02-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Alright guys... I am finally getting some mods done on the Jeep! Tboginski, I finally got an AEV Snorkel and I put that on last week. I also got some 33 BFG AT's on and I am getting a 3" BDS lift put on tomorrow. I also got the Congo Cage from Kargo Master and will relocate that Safari Rack off my hardtop to that so I can have it with both tops. I will post some pics up when I get done.
Congrats Chris - mods sound good.

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
I miss being in Bama guys! I will let you all know when I get a chance to come back and hopefully we can schedule up a ride or lunch or something...
That'd be a good reason for us to hit the trails.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

What's up gang? I haven't logged in for over two weeks (crazy work schedule) and finally closed on my house and started the long process of moving/unpacking.
If we decide on a steak n' shake run this week, let me know.
Whoever wanted the Rubicon Unlimited Springs/Shocks...they're here now and I can deliver as needed.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Freak

Do we want to do it on friday? What day works best for everyone?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wilky
What's up gang? I haven't logged in for over two weeks (crazy work schedule) and finally closed on my house and started the long process of moving/unpacking.
If we decide on a steak n' shake run this week, let me know.
Whoever wanted the Rubicon Unlimited Springs/Shocks...they're here now and I can deliver as needed.
I'm going throught the same thins right now, I close on my current house today, and then get to go through the wonderful process of living out of boxes for the next few days. I hate moving!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Do we want to do it on friday? What day works best for everyone?
Friday works for me

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat