Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-23-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Is this anybody on here?

hxxp://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/1284114914.html

Looks like a nice JK, with a lot of mods done to it already, if anyone is looking for one.

Anthony
Ohhhh Nooo . . . that's Jeff's JK. I can't believe another forum member is selling their Jeep.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rubizz
Very nice Rubi, Schpeen
Thanks.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 07-23-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:43 AM
JK Freak

I've been defeated by my new besttop trail cover. That SOB is hard to put on by yourself if you've never done it before. I looked like a bafoon in the work parking lot this morning.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I've been defeated by my new besttop trail cover. That SOB is hard to put on by yourself if you've never done it before. I looked like a bafoon in the work parking lot this morning.
I had the Bestop safari cover and it took me several hours to get it stretched out far enough to put it on the Jeep. I had to have my daughter climb up on roof and actually sit on it with her legs hanging over side so I could get the pins in
Old 07-25-2009, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Ordered tinted scrath resistent windows for rear soft top.
Getting ready to pull the trigger on rear bumper.
For those of you who have seen my red/black coverking seat covers, the rear ones are fading pretty bad since I had the safari top on for a long time.ay end up replacing entire seats with either COP or Mastercraft, will see. TF 6" and walker evans rims and new shoes are first on list.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by randy payne
hey guys ,
give me your thoughts on 2-3.5 lift kits , which brand ---- in adding front bumper rear bumper and winch and want something to get rid of front end sag

thnaks
teraflex. Talk to JKRubi and ask him how he likes his setup
Old 07-25-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

i have a frankenlift.....2.5 budget boost, skyjacker shocks and 4 dr ruby springs, but i LOVE how it rides, my 35's rub a little at full flex when discoed, so gonna do a 1" bodylift when i make some money, i think then i'll be too tall to fit in my garage though, so i need to break out the tape measure first.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

I got 2.5" with the BB and just under an inch in the front and just over an inch in the back with the 4 door Rubicon springs.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Ordered tinted scrath resistent windows for rear soft top.
Getting ready to pull the trigger on rear bumper.
For those of you who have seen my red/black coverking seat covers, the rear ones are fading pretty bad since I had the safari top on for a long time.ay end up replacing entire seats with either COP or Mastercraft, will see. TF 6" and walker evans rims and new shoes are first on list.
what rear bumper Steve????
Old 07-25-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by randy payne
hey guys ,
give me your thoughts on 2-3.5 lift kits , which brand ---- in adding front bumper rear bumper and winch and want something to get rid of front end sag
I'd go for coils vs. budget boost pucks if you can afford them, and stay in the 2-3" range otherwise you may find yourself with drivetrain issues (death wobble, drive shaft, etc). The bigger lifts can work fine, but they tend to cost much more. Most of the lifts will address front end rake, some more so than others.

Teraflex, and OME have decent reputations - however it seems all of these guys provide "Mom and Pop" service even though you pay premium prices for their products (if anyone wants me to elaborate, ask me at the next get together).

Note: Keep in mind that a 3" lift will yield greater than 3 inches of lift, typically around 4". And a 2.5" will provide roughly 3 inches. Steve's 6" will probably end up being 8", and combined with the 37's he plans to mount, will most likely require him to install some sort of Oxygen system so that he can breath properly and not succumb to altitude sickness.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat