Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 07-01-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope Jason isn't out for good. Very much enjoyed meeting he and his wife, and wheeling with them on several rides.

I'm surprised that if Jason traded, he didn't strip a few of the aftermarket parts off first. Maybe was a spur of the moment kind of thing - a deal he couldn't refuse.

At Skyline:

Originally Posted by NOBLING

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 07-01-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
here was that thread I was talking about at lunch last time. The one about the guy that jumped his JK

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/axle-little-bent-90283/
Unbelievable!! Bent front and rear axles, and ripped his Fab Four tire carrier/bumper. He already has spent $3k for repairs, and still isn't finished.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Denny2565
That would be pretty cool. Whenever I needed a hand with my jeep, I could just walk down the street. Gary probably gets tired of driving all the way across town just to give me a hand. Or maybe Gary will still come over to work on my jeep, and after he's done, I could send him over to your place to work on your jeep.
I'm always up for an install party. Speaking of which, when are we heading to Jeff's to re-gear the Silver Streak?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
I'm always up for an install party. Speaking of which, when are we heading to Jeff's to re-gear the Silver Streak?
He's got to finish his landscaping first!!! Jeff you've been at that for what seems like forever; you should have an entire forest planted by now!!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Their website doesn't have much information yet. I just hope they never change their banner. It just doesn't get any better than this.

I'm just guessing that nobody will ever mistake this place for being anywhere but the great state of Alabama!!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Denny, ordering my quickdiscos next week, ill have your links back to you in no time, only wheeled them once, wich sucks.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Making plans for my first Saturday off in like 8 years. So we wheelin or not?
Old 07-01-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
He's got to finish his landscaping first!!! Jeff you've been at that for what seems like forever; you should have an entire forest planted by now!!
That's too funny. But so true! I'm actually not done yet....

I ordered a Magnaflow catback exhaust and it came in yesterday, but the installation hardware was missing. Now I'm waiting on Magnaflow to send me the hardware.

Need some Jeep time and turn wrenches other than digging holes for trees/plants with shovels!

Last edited by NOBLING; 07-01-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Default Mountainside ORV Park

Originally Posted by tboginski
Making plans for my first Saturday off in like 8 years. So we wheelin or not?
I'm seriously mulling over the idea of heading down to Mountainside Saturday (Fee is $10 a head). They have some July 4th celebration stuff going on, but hopefully that wouldn't interfere with us if we just wanted to get on the trails and ride. This would be my fourth visit, and there are still some trails I haven't been on yet.

After Sorry Lonesome, I need to get some decent riding in, plus it's only about 1.5 hours from the South Huntsville area. Before I pull the trigger and abandon my primo cycling ride, would like to know if anyone else is interested - Bueller?
Old 07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

I'll go if we can get 4 or 5 people. Ill check the site late tonight, if there are 4 people in then I'm a yes, if not I'm gonna drink some beer and shoot off fireworks all day saturday. Deal?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat