Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 06-29-2009, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tboginski
Well, I'm glad I missed a shity trip haha!, let's do bear hollow, free and fun. I'm off Saturday, you guys prolly got family stuff going on though.
Travis, you working on Friday?? I wouldn't mind making a run on Friday, even Saturday could possibly be doable for me. There's no better way to celebrate our nations independence than to go out and enjoy some trails in a good old classic American automobile!!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, working Friday for sure.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Just saw the stoney crapsome pics, looks awesome. Haha. Like a dirt road. Haha
Old 06-29-2009, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, stoney crapsome...I like that.
However, that was the easiest exterior cleaning I've ever done. Less than $3.00 in quarters (hot/soap) and it looked good...BUT the interior took me about an hour
Old 06-29-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have seen alot of people trashing parks (Stoney Lonesome) that didnt meet the standards for a great park. I was wondering if any of the ones that have been there filled out a survey at the end to let them know what they need to work on. Im sure conplaining on here make you feel better, but I dont think JK Jeeps are their only customers. Don't get me wrong, I would be mad if I had drove a distance and then paid for something that wasn't up to par, but I don't think complaining here is going to get as much done as simply telling them you thoughts and opinions in person or via survey.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to disagree.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by uofagrad05
I have seen alot of people trashing parks (Stoney Lonesome) that didnt meet the standards for a great park. I was wondering if any of the ones that have been there filled out a survey at the end to let them know what they need to work on. Im sure conplaining on here make you feel better, but I dont think JK Jeeps are their only customers. Don't get me wrong, I would be mad if I had drove a distance and then paid for something that wasn't up to par, but I don't think complaining here is going to get as much done as simply telling them you thoughts and opinions in person or via survey.

No Brandon, you're right. There wasn't a "suggestions" box at the trail office, but that would be a great idea to put one there. In fact, I don't think I have EVER seen a suggestion box at an OHV/ORV park. Most of the opinions end up getting spread on the net and in the end nothing is accomplished.
However, it does feel good to thrash it a bit on the forum
Old 06-29-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our trashing was simply directed at friends to ensure they don't make the trip to be discouraged. Thanks for the idea though, I;m going to email the park director tomorrow (The guy listed on their business card) to let him know our overall feedback. We did however have discussion with a group of quad riders and they held a similar opinion to the rest of us, so I don't think it's a jeep specific issue.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

If you charge people to ride in your park, and it sucks ass, they have paid for the right to trash it.

i've never even been there and just hearing about it makes me wanna trash it...hahaha
Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Junkie

I was wondering if any of the ones that have been there filled out a survey at the end to let them know what they need to work on.
If you had gone, you'd know they monitor all CB channels and I promise you, they heard plenty of feedback from our CB chatter. Filling out a survey (didn't know they even had one as not one person from the park mentioned it) wouldn't have added anything to what they had already heard - lame trails, dusty roads, confusing signs, pathetic trail maps, short loops, and too many restrictions with regard to trail navigation.

Stoney Lonesome is closed in my book!!

P.S. - congrats on the new little one!!

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 06-30-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tboginski
i've never even been there and just hearing about it makes me wanna trash it...hahaha
That's the spirit!!

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat