Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 06-28-2009, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
I would say 100% sucked!!

It was dusty as Sh%$, the trails were all less than 1 mile long, even the "EXTREME" rated trails were rather simple (With the exception of some very loose soil like substance), a majority of the trails are only open to ATVs, the trail layout makes absolutely ZERO sense (you have to exit one trail and ride a mile or so to get back to the entrance to the next trail), the trail maps aren't legible, and I'm sure there were several other things that Gary and Wesley can elaborate on.

Overall it was a major bust, but someone had to head down to there to find out. I'm glad we made the trip, but unfortunatly if any of you want to check it out for yourselves I will gladly stay at home and wait for your negative report.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

so i wheeled the new expensive jeep last night. I was in the back of this neighborhood where they were building some new roads. So I figured, WTH I'll give it a go. So I played around in there for a long time. Found a pretty awesome hill climb that the jeep just walked right up. I did it a few times because I was impressed with the jeep. So I pushed my luck and went to the steepest part of the hill and gave it a shot. I got a little wheel spin, but worked the steering wheel a little bit and up she went. Oh yeah, don't forget that was on those less than ideal bridgestone's and street pressure.

WOOT!!!!!!!! Nothing like wheeling your brand new, expensive ass jeep, with 3k miles on it!
Old 06-28-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racinfast002
so i wheeled the new expensive jeep last night. I was in the back of this neighborhood where they were building some new roads. So I figured, WTH I'll give it a go. So I played around in there for a long time. Found a pretty awesome hill climb that the jeep just walked right up. I did it a few times because I was impressed with the jeep. So I pushed my luck and went to the steepest part of the hill and gave it a shot. I got a little wheel spin, but worked the steering wheel a little bit and up she went. Oh yeah, don't forget that was on those less than ideal bridgestone's and street pressure.

WOOT!!!!!!!! Nothing like wheeling your brand new, expensive ass jeep, with 3k miles on it!
Dude...that is freakin' hilarious! Watch it though, or the bug will bite you and next thing you know that Red Rock will be rolling on 35s
Old 06-28-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

well, thats why I have YuppieJeep. I just need to hurry up and get it put together. Then I'm all about some wheeling.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

also, while I'm all up in this thread, which one of yall had the homemade mesh bikini top? What all did that entail of? I need something like that, its getting to damn hot outside
Old 06-28-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also, while I'm all up in this thread, which one of yall had the homemade mesh bikini top? What all did that entail of? I need something like that, its getting to damn hot outside
search for "DIY Bikini Top". I'm on the mobile site so it's hard for me to post the link. It's pretty easy to do and you will appreciate the benefit of the top
Old 06-28-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
search for "DIY Bikini Top". I'm on the mobile site so it's hard for me to post the link. It's pretty easy to do and you will appreciate the benefit of the top
thanks!!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:52 AM
JK Junkie

I think we rode 9 miles at Stoney Lonesome - your stock Sahara could have done 8.9 miles of that easily. Only problem is that it would have been covered in a layer of dust like the chalk they use to mark the lines of a baseball field.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

so today on the way to work, I decided to see if the JK had the power to kill...apparently it does

JK-1
Bird-dead
Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Well, I'm glad I missed a shity trip haha!, let's do bear hollow, free and fun. I'm off Saturday, you guys prolly got family stuff going on though.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat