Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-22-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Just wanted all to know that the JKS Adjustable Front Track Bar showed up (actually last week, but forgot to make mention of it). Was worried that since the tube wall diameter was less than many other aftermarket TBs, it would be some cheap lightweight junk, but it's pretty beefy, and should perform admirably.

Attachment 13169
Hey that looks pretty sweet man. That's one I've been looking at getting. So it's nice of you to test it out for me.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
Hey that looks pretty sweet man. That's one I've been looking at getting. So it's nice of you to test it out for me.
Well, another area JKer is also pitching in on this product test, as he has both front and rear JKS Adj TBs.
Will post a report after I've installed, and taken it out for a spin.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:05 PM
JK Junkie

Well, another area JKer is also pitching in on this product test, as he has both front and rear JKS Adj TBs.
Hey fellow JKS adj track bar test member, check this out. That may be the best approach.

Edit: Ooops!! May have to go with this Adj Track Bar installation write-up from the man himself. Let me know what you think!!

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 09-22-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Junkie

This might look good at the local Jeep club meetings. Only $700 - it's being sold by the same guy I bought the Bestop soundbar cap from up in New Jersey.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Super Freak

With the right winch, your friends don't need a lot of mods.

Mine should arrive this week, so save your money everyone - when you want to drive up the side of a cliff, I'll be more than happy to throw you a line.
Attachment 13148
What kind of winch did you pick up?
Old 09-23-2008, 04:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Red08JK
What kind of winch did you pick up?
Superwinch, I'll post a pick when it shows up. Speaking of winches, noticed someone in B'ham is selling their rig, and he has a Warn Power Plant. He didn't say it was for sale, but might be a good deal for someone who asks. See his signature.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:53 AM
JK Freak

I was thinking about trying the RC 2.5" lift with the dual steering stabilizer...what you guys think about that setup?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by In5ane
I was thinking about trying the RC 2.5" lift with the dual steering stabilizer...what you guys think about that setup?
According to WayaLife, steering stabilizers arent needed.
i will try and find the thread.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Here it is:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ring+stabilzer

Okay, I have been reading a lot of posts lately regarding steering stabilizers and find all the misinformation regarding them or the need for them to be quite troubling. Here are some of the Myths I've been hearing:

1. A steering stabilizer is needed after installing a new lift and/or bigger tires
2. A steering stabilizer will fix wandering or flighty steering
3. A steering stabilizer will fix death wobble

IF you have your suspension/steering dial in correctly, a steering stabilizer isn't really needed at all. While one might act as a bandaid and help to hide or mask wandering or flighty steering or even help reduce death wobble, IT DOES NOT FIX ANYTHING. Trust me, I have been running a factory steering stabilzer on my JK for over two years now and the last of which was while running 5.5" of lift and 37's. In fact, I have been running without one at all for the last two weeks even at speeds of 80MPH and I can hardly tell that one isn't installed.

A steering stabilizer is NICE to have as it will help absorb bumpsteer. However, it has been my experience that even with a set of heavy 37x13.50's mounted on beadlocks, a factory unit is really all that you need. Will a heavy duty unit help absorb bumpsteer more, sure, but that's about all it will do.

So, why bring all this up you might ask? Because I care about you guys and I just want to make sure that you all address and FIX problems that you might be having as opposed to masking or hiding them.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Red08JK
Here it is:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ring+stabilzer

Okay, I have been reading a lot of posts lately regarding steering stabilizers and find all the misinformation regarding them or the need for them to be quite troubling. Here are some of the Myths I've been hearing:

1. A steering stabilizer is needed after installing a new lift and/or bigger tires
2. A steering stabilizer will fix wandering or flighty steering
3. A steering stabilizer will fix death wobble

IF you have your suspension/steering dial in correctly, a steering stabilizer isn't really needed at all. While one might act as a bandaid and help to hide or mask wandering or flighty steering or even help reduce death wobble, IT DOES NOT FIX ANYTHING. Trust me, I have been running a factory steering stabilzer on my JK for over two years now and the last of which was while running 5.5" of lift and 37's. In fact, I have been running without one at all for the last two weeks even at speeds of 80MPH and I can hardly tell that one isn't installed.

A steering stabilizer is NICE to have as it will help absorb bumpsteer. However, it has been my experience that even with a set of heavy 37x13.50's mounted on beadlocks, a factory unit is really all that you need. Will a heavy duty unit help absorb bumpsteer more, sure, but that's about all it will do.

So, why bring all this up you might ask? Because I care about you guys and I just want to make sure that you all address and FIX problems that you might be having as opposed to masking or hiding them.

HHHmmmm....thanks for the info red!

What do ya'll think about the RC 2.5"..? I have read posts regarding it and most liked it ok. You can get it for around $140 and comes with shock extensions. I know it may not be as complete as a coil spring lift, but it should do ok right?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat