Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 06-26-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
I looked on Mapquest and came up with this:

It is in Delta, Alabama. Estimated Time from Tupelo: 3 hours 35 minutes Estimated Distance: 215.20 miles
It is on the other side of Birmingham from you, closer to the GA state line.

Stoney Lonesome or (I forget the name of it, somebody help me out here) the place out near Florence would be much closer for you.

Anthony

I thought stoney lonesome was the one just south of cullman. And from what I've heard its not much right now since they just opened. said a lot of the trails at stoney were not cut yet and they close sections down for just horses and such. Had a lot of potential but still a ways from having it really nice.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rdneckjk
how close is this morris mountain to tupelo ms.? am not having any luck finding jeepers in ms. with any gumption. need a place to ride and some one to ride with.

rdneckjk.. there has got to be some good places around there.. even over in Itawamba county. My folks are in Saltillo but I don't get back enough to know the trails there. I got a friend in Saltillo that has some nice hooked CJ's and don't mind walking it thru some stuff . I can ask and see what they usually do and where it is.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BullDawg
I thought stoney lonesome was the one just south of cullman.
It is. I was just saying it would be a little closer to him than Morris Mountain is.
I looked, but can't seem to find the name of the place over by Florence.
Maybe somebody with more trail knowledge will chime in. I only know just enough to get me in trouble ..........................

Anthony
Old 06-26-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

A lot of trail talk....could there be an actuall wheeling trip in the works here? My new 35's are pissed off at me for all the mall crawling lately.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tboginski
A lot of trail talk....could there be an actuall wheeling trip in the works here? My new 35's are pissed off at me for all the mall crawling lately.
Take off work tomorrow and let's ride MFer!!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Take off work tomorrow and let's ride MFer!!
I second the motion...
Old 06-26-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
I second the motion...
That's two, Gary since I stood you up last week, you ready for tomorrow morning???
Old 06-26-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

So I went by and checked out the '08 Rubicon at Landers.
I got pretty nosy with it and crawled around to see what all had been done to it and why it was an '08 "used".
The camo vinyl peel is actually pretty cool and comes off easy. I peeled half the door off and reapplied it without any bubbles forming. I think it's neat b/c it sure would save you paint job in the woods.
the tires weren't 40's but instead 37x12.50x17...ProComp Stage II lift (i would guess around 4.5 inches) with replacement control arms, adjustable track bars, etc., dual front steering stabilzers and the factory bumpers (yuck!).
I believe it still has the factory 4.10 gears in it since the diff covers bolts weren't scratched up any...so the thing might be kinda a turd rolling on the 37s and being an auto.
I took a photo on my cell, but the work computer won't allow me to view it via email. I'll post when I get home.
If any of you haven't seen it, drive by on University Drive and take a peek...it's not a bad looking rig.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
So I went by and checked out the '08 Rubicon at Landers.
I got pretty nosy with it and crawled around to see what all had been done to it and why it was an '08 "used".
The camo vinyl peel is actually pretty cool and comes off easy. I peeled half the door off and reapplied it without any bubbles forming. I think it's neat b/c it sure would save you paint job in the woods.
the tires weren't 40's but instead 37x12.50x17...ProComp Stage II lift (i would guess around 4.5 inches) with replacement control arms, adjustable track bars, etc., dual front steering stabilzers and the factory bumpers (yuck!).
I believe it still has the factory 4.10 gears in it since the diff covers bolts weren't scratched up any...so the thing might be kinda a turd rolling on the 37s and being an auto.
I took a photo on my cell, but the work computer won't allow me to view it via email. I'll post when I get home.
If any of you haven't seen it, drive by on University Drive and take a peek...it's not a bad looking rig.
Did it have replacement drive shafts?? With that lift and being an auto it would just be a matter if time.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Did it have replacement drive shafts?? With that lift and being an auto it would just be a matter if time.
Nope, they were stockers...and the beadlocks were fake.
but, it has a good start and with a "little" bit more money it would be bulletproof.
I'd like to see my AEV bumper on it

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat