Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red08JK
ok meet at Sonic in Madison off of Hwy 20 at 2 and we'll figure it out. Probably Swann Creek. Expect mud.
sounds like a plan! see ya then!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Hey guys,

Was good meeting you and hitting a few trails this afternoon. Maybe next time they will be a little more muddy, rather than a bunch of powder! I came home and did a rough cleanup job (just on the interior), and it took me nearly an hour. There is still a ton of dust on the inside, but it will have to wait until another day. Look forward to the next ride!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by In5ane
Hey guys,

Was good meeting you and hitting a few trails this afternoon. Maybe next time they will be a little more muddy, rather than a bunch of powder! I came home and did a rough cleanup job (just on the interior), and it took me nearly an hour. There is still a ton of dust on the inside, but it will have to wait until another day. Look forward to the next ride!
Hey same here man,it was great to meet yall. I got home, cranked the air compressor up to 120psi. and went to work on the inside. I might hose it off tomorrow but for for now it can stay dirty.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

And after trying to keep up with Red, with his cold air and programmer, I might just have to look in to some of these things.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

I hear ya. It took me over 2 hrs to clean all that powder off the Jeep. Did inside and out. I liek the Herculiner, but is still a pain to clean. Took a soft brush and soap to the inside of it.

Great to meet you guys as well. Had fun. At least we now know Swann Creek is only best after a rain.

Insane, hope your wife is feelin better.

Til next time
Old 09-21-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Well, I had some Armor All cleaning wipes and wiped until I ran out...Then I got a wet towel and went back to work on the backseat! I still need to vacuum all the dust out of the carpet though...UGH! Maybe I'll just get bama to blow it out for me...ha! I think it would be better to take that carpet out. You up for painting another jeep Red?

My wife is feeling better now...she said thanks for checkig..
Old 09-21-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Junkie

With the right winch, your friends don't need a lot of mods.

Mine should arrive this week, so save your money everyone - when you want to drive up the side of a cliff, I'll be more than happy to throw you a line.
Click image for larger version

Name:	FD588E08d01.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	13148
Old 09-21-2008, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
With the right winch, your friends don't need a lot of mods.

Mine should arrive this week, so save your money everyone - when you want to drive up the side of a cliff, I'll be more than happy to throw you a line.
Attachment 13148
I'll hold you to that...I saw a few places out wheeler today that might cause some chaos!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by In5ane
Well, I had some Armor All cleaning wipes and wiped until I ran out...Then I got a wet towel and went back to work on the backseat! I still need to vacuum all the dust out of the carpet though...UGH! Maybe I'll just get bama to blow it out for me...ha! I think it would be better to take that carpet out. You up for painting another jeep Red?

My wife is feeling better now...she said thanks for checkig..
Next time we go dirt riding yall can come back to my place I have a 80gal air compressor so there is enough to go around
Old 09-22-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
IPF Lights arrived from Northridge4x4 today, however my front JKS track bar is still "missing in action". Label on the box showing up today states, "1 of 2", but "2 of 2" must still be riding around in the UPS truck.

When I first saw how large the shipping box was, I was wondering if the track bar was somehow collapsible and sitting at an angle inside. Nope - just a bunch of packing paper, and other smaller shipping boxes/envelopes providing additional protection. Was relieved to get the lights as I had ordered them on Sept 1, so almost two and half weeks ago.

Attachment 13011
Just wanted all to know that the JKS Adjustable Front Track Bar showed up (actually last week, but forgot to make mention of it). Was worried that since the tube wall diameter was less than many other aftermarket TBs, it would be some cheap lightweight junk, but it's pretty beefy, and should perform admirably.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JKS Adj Trk Bar.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	13169

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat