Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 05-19-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nucorman
What do you guys think about these? For the price I think I might just have to get a set. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=SMITTYBILT
Yeah those are the ones.. I almost ordered them last weekend but something came up and i never made the time to sit down and do it.. Still on my list though.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tboginski
I seem determined to hack into my jeep.....man I watch these car shows at night where these master builders are hacking up cars and making them cool, and sometimes i get confused and think i can do that shit......
Well unfortunately.. you don't have a hair on your balls if you don't cut on it now The way I see it the guys have thrown the gaunlet down.. volunteering tools and time to help you in your goal of bastardizing the Silver Bullet at your expense. I'll bring the camera and recorder the entire event for the future.

Sorry everybody.. the forum was too quiet today and I figured i would stir Trav up a little to get it rolling again.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Denny2565
this is why I keep my thoughts to myself. If I ever put some crazy idea out for everyone to read, then I'm committed to going through with it or face the ridicule of the forum when I back out. So the next time I'm thinking about slamming my jeep and putting on some 24" wire spoke wheels with low profile whitewall tires, I'm not gonna tell anyone, I'm just gonna do it.
I think this statement is committing you to follow through!! I'll cut your springs for you!!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

welcome Anthony

and hell yeah, let's hack my hood and slam denny's jeep....i mean his dope whip.

steve, i ordered the vents, it's only a few car deals away now.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sixty5vdub
Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I am the proud owner of a new to me '07 Unlimited Rubicon.
This is my third Jeep. First was a 95 ZJ with a BB and a few other mods. Drove that one until it died (I think it had close to 200k on the odometer).
Next I had an '06 Rubicon, with a 4.5" RE lift and tons of other goodies, which somebody decided about a month ago that they liked more than I did, and swiped it.

So now I am a member of the JK family. Bone stock for now, but will definetly be adding mods as time and $$$ allow.

If you see a Steel Blue JK running around, gimme a wave! I am in the Huntsville / Madison area. Looking forward to discussing Jeep stuff and hopefully going on some rides with you guys. And I am usually down for a wrench session (read: excuse to drink beerz).

Anthony

Anthony...welcome to the group. I'm new here too (hell...haven't even made it to Huntsville yet) so we can be the fngs.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

I say get them, so the rest of us can see what they look like in person. Seriously though, they look pretty nice in the pics, but wonder why folks keep mentioning that they will beef them up.

Originally Posted by nucorman
What do you guys think about these? For the price I think I might just have to get a set. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=SMITTYBILT

Old 05-19-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

If you see a Steel Blue JK running around, gimme a wave! I am in the Huntsville / Madison area. Looking forward to discussing Jeep stuff and hopefully going on some rides with you guys. And I am usually down for a wrench session (read: excuse to drink beerz).

Anthony
Welcome to the forum and the Huntsville Area thread Anthony.

Keep us posted when you plan to upgrade, and we'll help out if possible. Also, keep watch here for potential trail rides - I think we're close to hitting the trails again soon . . . if it'll ever stop raining on the weekends.

Next I had an '06 Rubicon, with a 4.5" RE lift and tons of other goodies, which somebody decided about a month ago that they liked more than I did, and swiped it.
Ouch!! Got any details you can share?? Do we need to keep a lookout for it??
Old 05-19-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I'm thinking about slamming my jeep and putting on some 24" wire spoke wheels with low profile whitewall tires, I'm not gonna tell anyone, I'm just gonna do it.
I knew something big was in the works, but now the secret is out. All he's talked about lately was how nice both the convertible FJ and Hummer looked from my recent post upstream.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

Default Thread Rating

Just for grins, I rated the Huntsville Area thread the other day. Nothing has changed that I can tell . . . wondering how many people have to rate it before something shows up?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I am the proud owner of a new to me '07 Unlimited Rubicon. ...

Anthony
Welcome to the forum, Anthony!

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat