Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 05-11-2009, 05:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I got yet another jeep this weekend. I now own a 94 YJ.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tboginski
we went back to Bear Hollow...mud, rocks, water crossings, even a waterfall Jason got halfway up but had to back down, super slick rocks and fully inflated tires don't do well.
It was an awesome time, i'm not looking forward to clean up but I guess that's just part of it.
I really liked the trails we hit there. There wasn't a whole lot of mud, but there were some rather technical and steep trails with nothing but slick rocks, and more water crossings than you could imagine. Of course we forgot to air down and didn't realize it until we were about 200 yards into a steep incline sliding all over a bunch of rocks. I also found it pretty interesting that there were cows just hanging out on the trails and I actually had to wait for some of them to get out of the way. Another valuable lesson learned; If some guys on quads tell you that there's a waterfall that you'll have no problem with in the jeep, turn around and go the other way!! I got half way up this "no problem" waterfall and if I would have pushed it the next level, I'm thinking my axles would have become artifacts in the WMA right next to the Dana 44 that was already sitting down there.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Lunch?

I will be around this week... how about Lunch on Thursday or Friday???
Old 05-11-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
I will be around this week... how about Lunch on Thursday or Friday???
You can always sign me up for a lunch outing. How about somehwere in Bridge Street? Red Robin, Cantina Laredo, PF Chang??
Old 05-11-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
You can always sign me up for a lunch outing. How about somehwere in Bridge Street? Red Robin, Cantina Laredo, PF Chang??
Hell yeah... I'm easy.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

count me in just let me know a place and time
Old 05-11-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

another lesson from this weekend: CBs are great to have. having a cb cut way down on confusion on wich way to go and when to stop or turn around. and i was spotting jason from my jeep on some tricky stuff, in turn, when he got through he could walk me through the best line and where to gas it and where to take it easy. and it's cool to shoot the shit the whole time. if you don't have one, get one. made the whole trip more enjoyable.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tboginski
another lesson from this weekend: CBs are great to have. having a cb cut way down on confusion on wich way to go and when to stop or turn around. and i was spotting jason from my jeep on some tricky stuff, in turn, when he got through he could walk me through the best line and where to gas it and where to take it easy. and it's cool to shoot the shit the whole time. if you don't have one, get one. made the whole trip more enjoyable.
But you gotta use use CB talk, Over
Old 05-11-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
But you gotta use use CB talk, Over
loud and clear....over!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

so.......anybody want to se a picture of Jason.......stuck

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat