Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 05-09-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Every time I see someone mount flashlight/bags on the tailgate I think, hmm . . . maybe I need to try that. But, I wonder what the downsides might be?

Pros:
Easy access to stored items.
Looks cool (at least to me).
Good place to put things that might otherwise roll around.

Cons:
Need to open tailgate every time you want access to something stored in them.
Adds weight to tailgate, albeit not that much.
They and whatever gets "stored" in them are susceptible to theft, especially when the top is down.

What do you guys think?

I think it's a cool concept, but personally I'd rather just have a duffle bag in the back that I can take out of the Jeep to avoid theft.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to the Topless Day in Decatur. Not a bad turnout, probably around 12-15 jeeps and a few other vehicles there. I won a lunch at Applelane Farms in a raffle. Oh and I won a tanning session too. Guess which one I kept and which one I gave away. Here's a hint - next week I'm changing my name to GoldenBoy2565.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Every time I see someone mount flashlight/bags on the tailgate I think, hmm . . . maybe I need to try that. But, I wonder what the downsides might be?

Pros:
Easy access to stored items.
Looks cool (at least to me).
Good place to put things that might otherwise roll around.

Cons:
Need to open tailgate every time you want access to something stored in them.
Adds weight to tailgate, albeit not that much.
They and whatever gets "stored" in them are susceptible to theft, especially when the top is down.

What do you guys think?

cool idea, but i think i'm just gonna mount my fire extinguisher and flashlight to the roll bar.....i'm not sure how much weight the tailgate can take.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Went to the Topless Day in Decatur. Not a bad turnout, probably around 12-15 jeeps and a few other vehicles there. I won a lunch at Applelane Farms in a raffle. Oh and I won a tanning session too. Guess which one I kept and which one I gave away. Here's a hint - next week I'm changing my name to GoldenBoy2565.

. . . of the event, not GoldenBoy by the way.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Hey guys,

Was in your neck of the woods Thursday...
drove in from Little Rock, looked at several homesites/communities, made an offer on one down off of Beadle and Wall Triana, drove back to Little Rock.
Really impressed with the Huntsville/Madison area and the people living there. This will make the transition easier and now I'm looking forward to the move. Two things that really stuck out: 1) apparently Northern Alabama hasn't heard that there is a recession. There was f-ing construction and industry everywhere!! 2) I forgot how smoking hot the women are in the South
Old 05-10-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Jason and I had an awesome ride today....got into some sketchy stuff but the jeeps and the new 35's did not dissapoint.
i learned that when disconnected, even with the lift and the ruby springs, i still rub when flexed out or when i ht a hard bump at speed....so a body lift is now on my short list.

less than 2 months
1. track bar from Dusty
2. RC front discos
2. JKS rear track bar
3. RC body lift

over 4 months
1. Winch
2. LOD rear bumper,tire carrier and jerry cans

Last edited by tboginski; 05-11-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wilky
1) apparently Northern Alabama hasn't heard that there is a recession. There was f-ing construction and industry everywhere!!
We deny any such thing, and actually assert the exact opposite otherwise we may start attracting superior elitist intellectuals from the North like the following bigot from the state of Washington:
Originally Posted by bsack
If someone like that wasn't allowed to own guns, there would be less than a dozen legal gun owners in Alabama But I do agree, you should have at least half of your teeth to legal possess guns, and gold ones shouldn't count just so no race gets through a loophole.
Originally Posted by Wilky
2) I forgot how smoking hot the women are in the South
Sorry, we have to deny that too!!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tboginski
Jason and I had an awesome ride today....got into some sketchy stuff but the jeeps and the new 35's did not dissapoint.
I'm guessing that with all the rain we've had, you found some mud somewhere right?
Old 05-10-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Didn't take any pictures, forgot the camera because I was too busy watching the clouds to see if it was going to rain. I didn't want to get caught in a downpour with my top down. But it turned into perfect weather; cloudy day and didn't rain a bit.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

I'm guessing that with all the rain we've had, you found some mud somewhere right?
we went back to Bear Hollow...mud, rocks, water crossings, even a waterfall Jason got halfway up but had to back down, super slick rocks and fully inflated tires don't do well.
It was an awesome time, i'm not looking forward to clean up but I guess that's just part of it.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat