Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 05-04-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tboginski
well, they will come after my front and rear trackbars and discos....i actually NEED that stuff. ask Jeff,Gary and Dennis

Dude.. don't buy discos.. save the money and buy a couple of pins at Home Depot for about $5. Oh wait this is Mr "I sold a car to fund my jeep habit"... nevermind.. You go boy!!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BullDawg
Dude.. don't buy discos.. save the money and buy a couple of pins at Home Depot for about $5. Oh wait this is Mr "I sold a car to fund my jeep habit"... nevermind.. You go boy!!
I have to buy the discos...my sway bar links are wayyyyy to short, I can't even use them, i'm actually borrowing a longer set right now till i buy some...since i need links anyway i mine as well just buy the teraflex discos. 2 birds..one stone.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

I have to buy the discos...my sway bar links are wayyyyy to short, I can't even use them, i'm actually borrowing a longer set right now till i buy some...since i need links anyway i mine as well just buy the teraflex discos. 2 birds..one stone.

yeah ok.. I won't give you anymore crap then.. that makes sense.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interesting Tire Observation

So I'm sitting here thinking about tires (Yes, it's strange, I know) and a thought just occurred to me; shouldn't in theory a 35" tire last longer than a 33" tire??? I mean if a 33 has 700 revolutions per mile and a 35 has 625 revs per mile, each section of tread on a 35 would actually touch the pavement 10.7% less than a 33. Wouldn't you think in this case that a 35" would last 10.7% longer than a 33 in the same tire being that tread is not going to be worn down if it's not touching ground?

If my thought process is correct, then it's actually more cost effective (considering only tire cost) to buy the larger tire even though it may be 5-8% more.

I really need better things to day dream about!!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
So I'm sitting here thinking about tires (Yes, it's strange, I know) and a thought just occurred to me; shouldn't in theory a 35" tire last longer than a 33" tire??? I mean if a 33 has 700 revolutions per mile and a 35 has 625 revs per mile, each section of tread on a 35 would actually touch the pavement 10.7% less than a 33. Wouldn't you think in this case that a 35" would last 10.7% longer than a 33 in the same tire being that tread is not going to be worn down if it's not touching ground?

If my thought process is correct, then it's actually more cost effective (considering only tire cost) to buy the larger tire even though it may be 5-8% more.

You are correct sir!!
This excuse has been used countless times over the years by husbands with a stubborn spouse
Old 05-04-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf

if only I could fit a 40 they would pay for themselves
Old 05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
JK Freak

if only I could fit a 40 they would pay for themselves
I have a sawzall
Old 05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

maybe next week
Old 05-04-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilky
You are correct sir!!
This excuse has been used countless times over the years by husbands with a stubborn spouse
That's actually what started my thinking. I was talking about how I wanted to get 37's when the 35's burn down, I was then trying to explain to her the benefit to them even though I would be paying a few hundred dollars more
Old 05-04-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
I have a sawzall
A sawzall sounds like a good time, but, I say lets find a plasma cutter!! There is nothing cooler than cutting with fire!!

Jeff we'll be over in a few weeks to hack up Travis' JK, perhaps you can have a fire extinguisher on hand???

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat