Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-19-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by In5ane
On a new subject, not to copy, but I saw a post on a Georgia forum about having a group workday.... I think it would be both fun and informative for all of us to get together some and help each other work on our jeeps! I know a few of you have already done that to JK-Rubi's, but was just thinking we can have a designated time for everyone to get together and turn some wrenches....what do you think?
I've tossed this around with some other guys on the forum, and it's definitely something worth planning for in the future, but in the meantime just let folks on the forum know what, where, when, how, etc., you want to do something - then follow through and do it.

For instance, today Denny2565 (see his Steel Blue JK outside of the garage) and I helped another friend install a Black Diamond 3.5" lift on his YJ. Still a little bit left to do, but the major wrenching is complete. He ordered BFG Mud Terrain KM 33" tires, and they arrived at his door, but because no one was there to accept them, the freight transporter shipped them right back to 4WD. He was not a happy camper!!

On the plus side, tires/wheels are back on the road, and should arrive Monday.

In the below pic, front installation is complete - transfer case was then lowered, and rear springs, shocks, track bar relocation bracket, and brake line extension was added. Had to leave before last couple of items were installed, and old tires/wheels were lugged back into place. This guy was already very skilled off-road, but he's definitely provided himself additional edge with these mods. One somewhat humorous incident today was him discovering that his original shocks were absolutely shot. He'd always noted the rough ride, but just figured it was both a combination of having an older vehicle, and suspension design.

Attachment 13062
Old 09-20-2008, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
I've tossed this around with some other guys on the forum, and it's definitely something worth planning for in the future, but in the meantime just let folks on the forum know what, where, when, how, etc., you want to do something - then follow through and do it.

For instance, today Denny2565 (see his Steel Blue JK outside of the garage) and I helped another friend install a Black Diamond 3.5" lift on his YJ. Still a little bit left to do, but the major wrenching is complete. He ordered BFG Mud Terrain KM 33" tires, and they arrived at his door, but because no one was there to accept them, the freight transporter shipped them right back to 4WD. He was not a happy camper!!

In the below pic, front installation is complete - transfer case was then lowered, and rear springs, shocks, track bar relocation bracket, and brake line extension was added. Had to leave before last couple of items were installed, and old tires/wheels were lugged back into place. This guy was already very skilled off-road, but he's definitely provided himself additional edge with these mods. One somewhat humorous incident today was him discovering that his original shocks were absolutely shot. He'd always noted the rough ride, but just figured it was both a combination of having an older vehicle, and suspension design.

Attachment 13062
Now that looks like fun!!!

Man, I bet he is extremely excited about his new mods. I wouldn't know what to do with myself... That's too bad about his tires. That's the kind of stuff that always happens to me, no matter what.

That guy doesn't work out at 5400 does he? I usually see a similar jeep over there. There is also a red JK with a mod bumper and winch, silver rubi without mods, and a 4 door rubi with 37's close to 5400 as well.

That's funny about the shocks. I had an 87 ranger 4x4 when I first started drivng and decided to put some offroad shocks on it. When I did, I realized just how bad my shocks were. I no longer bounced 20 times after going across train tracks...LOL
Old 09-20-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi

Hey thats great! Next to the JK the YJ has got to be my favorite Jeep. So any chance you guys what to get your friend and take it on a little test run this weekend. And if no one else will go out this weekend, if anyone has some idea were we can ride please speek up, or you might see In5ane and I rock crawling some shopping carts out side a walmart.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bama JK
Hey thats great! Next to the JK the YJ has got to be my favorite Jeep. So any chance you guys what to get your friend and take it on a little test run this weekend. And if no one else will go out this weekend, if anyone has some idea were we can ride please speek up, or you might see In5ane and I rock crawling some shopping carts out side a walmart.

We could even hit the land rover lot and show them how a jeep flexes!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Painted my ac vent rings and dash handle ends. Also installed Amred Forces decals

Old 09-20-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

I am interested in wheelin Sunday. Let me know time and location to meet.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by In5ane

We could even hit the land rover lot and show them how a jeep flexes!
Hell yeah!! I didn't think about that.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red08JK
I am interested in wheelin Sunday. Let me know time and location to meet.
Hey alright man this will a be a good little group!!! Great looking vents!!

Last edited by bama JK; 09-20-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Junkie

That really looks good Red08JK!! I had a hunch you were preparing to commence work on some sort of interior decor re-design.

I've looked at that same mod, but I don't think matching white highlights will look as good as what you guys with the reds, silvers, yellows, etc. can do. Black probably wouldn't look that hot either, but maybe when I Line-x my whole JK, I can take the plunge then.

Originally Posted by Red08JK
Painted my ac vent rings and dash handle ends. Also installed Amred Forces decals

Old 09-20-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Default Front Bumper in B'ham

I'm sort of surprised nobody has jumped on this bumper. I'll bet the guy would take less than $400. Link to bumper ---> Mopar Bumper

What do you guys think?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat