Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-30-2009, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
so what did you do with your other tires?
sold them
Old 04-30-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Gotta be on by now . . . where's the pics, and how are they driving?
yep, got them on....no pics yet, it's dark out..but wow they look awesome, are nice and quiet and ride smooth as silk...very very happy with them..I need to get them off road asap
Old 04-30-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

As for the realtor, keep in mind that if they are really pushing a specific place, they are probably getting a bigger commission from that particular developer. They only get half commission if they sell a house that is under contract with another agency.
When I was looking at houses, I looked at a house with a specific realtor's name on it. That realtor showed it to me and told me all the great things about it. There was another house down the street I wanted to look at while I was in the neighborhood that had another realty company's name on it. It was a multiple listing house so the realtor showed me that one too. She proceeded to point out every little defect the house had.
So the best advice I can give you is use the realtor to unlock the door and ignore everything they say afterward.

Last edited by Denny2565; 04-30-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tboginski
yep, got them on....no pics yet, it's dark out..but wow they look awesome, are nice and quiet and ride smooth as silk...very very happy with them..I need to get them off road asap
Glad to hear the Destinations are getting good marks - sounds like you and Jason made a good choice (although Jason gets the Mod Canary points for trying them first).
Old 04-30-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Denny2565
As for the realtor, keep in mind that if they are really pushing a specific place, they are probably getting a bigger commission from that particular developer. They only get half commission if they sell a house that is under contract with another agency.
When I was looking at houses, I looked at a house with a specific realtor's name on it. That realtor showed it to me and told me all the great things about it. There was another house down the street I wanted to look at while I was in the neighborhood that had another realty company's name on it. It was a multiple listing house so the realtor showed me that one too. She proceeded to point out every little defect the house had.
So the best advice I can give you is use the realtor to unlock the door and ignore everything they say afterward.
Thanks brother, that was kinda the route I was planning to take. I'm making a trip down there next week to get a visual on some of the places she is recommending, so we'll see how she "pitches" the place.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:23 PM
JK Freak

I could be wrong and you could have a great agent right off the bat. But I had to go through about three different agents before I found a good one that showed me houses that I wanted to see and not ones they thought I could qualify for. The one I actually bought my house from listened to what I was looking for and pointed out the good and bad of all the houses I looked at regardless of what agency was listing it. She didn't even push the houses her agency was listing.

Last edited by Denny2565; 04-30-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

the destination MT is now the number one rated MT on tirerack.com according to the guy at firestone.

Last edited by tboginski; 05-01-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wilky
DAMN!! Wish I could fast forward a month to give you guys a hand with the beer....
FYI: I've got a complete set of Rubicon coils (4-dr) and shocks, 29K on all. I'll make sure the movers pack them up for the move to Huntsville, if anyone wants them come June-ish, they are yours for the taking...b/c they are just taking up room in my garage right now.

Wilky.. was talking to Travis earlier after looking at his beast JK He mentioned that you had the same springs he used and mentioned this post. If you still have them I'm interested. I'm so far behind on modding as Travis bug bit me after seeing the transformation. haha. Drop me a note if you still have the springs when you get closer to town. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tboginski
the destination MT is now the numer one rated MT on tirerack.com according to the guy at firestone.
Sounds like you made a good decision on the Firestones. I guess you won't be need to be winched out with those tires when we all go offroading.....lol.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

JK-Rubi,
How are your brakes? Do we need to bleed them one or two more times?

I think I'm going to get the same Crown extended brake lines (different color of course), but for a 4.5"-6" lift since I have more suspension droop by using the 4-6" Bilstein 5100 shocks and longer Full Traction HD springs even though my lift is only 3 inches.

And no, my springs do not shoot out at full articulation with the front sway bar disconnected.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat