Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-28-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tboginski
now you have to help with my trackbar install too

Holy crap Travis.. you told me I was behind on all the installs. Whatever bug you got bit by, can you send it my way... and also the bank that you robbed to fund this activity.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Jeff, next time we get together, I'd really like to hear what you've learned about yoked drive shafts, etc. Probably will get longer ones in the distant future, but am good for now.

Interesting you mentioned this.. I was wondering if any of you had run into issues with needing a slip yoke with the lifts so far? Where is the break point on the JK before you either have to drop the Tranny an inch or add a slip yoke to the beast? The TJ I had a few years back required the use of 1" tranny drop at about 3" of lift to keep the angles good and limit vibration. Trust me I tried a 3" lift with no tranny drop and it almost shook apart at 15 mph in a test drive .. dropped the tranny tray 1" and viola.. no vibration.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

I'm going by huntsville driveshaft today. I was told he will build a custom shaft and install them for about 250 each. Let's all hope I was told correct.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Ha ha. No bank robbery. Just selling a ton of cars. My jeep is my motivation.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tboginski
Some weird sounds comming from my suspention. I like the low tone squeaking coming from the back. Not sure why I like it but I do. Do not like the clunking coming from the front when I hit a bump. I checked and the shocks are tight on top where jason's were loose. I guess it's just from the lack of proper track bar alignment. What to you guys think?
Had same problem with mine at first and was loose shocks. Shouldn't be the track bar.

**Edited**

Ok, just seen where it was the shocks..and you corrected the problem! Nice detective work...

I also want the bank account you are robbing from...

Last edited by In5ane; 04-28-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Just finding good deals and not buying anything else.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looking at a 4" lift online, and just out of curiosity what issues would I run into with that high of a lift?? Would I need to look into new driveshaft? anything else?
Old 04-28-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

you'll be ok on a 4 door....according to what I've read and what the guy @ huntsville driveshaft said.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by In5ane
Had same problem with mine at first and was loose shocks. Shouldn't be the track bar.

**Edited**

Ok, just seen where it was the shocks..and you corrected the problem! Nice detective work...

I also want the bank account you are robbing from...
come get your decal...or i'm gonna stick it some where
Old 04-28-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
I looking at a 4" lift online, and just out of curiosity what issues would I run into with that high of a lift?? Would I need to look into new driveshaft? anything else?
I thought the general consensus was that once you go over 3", there's a "domino effect" that rifles through your drivetrain. If Jason is looking at a "4 inch lift kit", he's probably looking at roughly 5" actual lift once installed. I can't believe that wouldn't affect all manner of drivetrain components/angles.

I'm thinking control arms, driveshafts, brake lines, sway bar links, track bars, bump stops, etc, etc. will need attention.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat