Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-18-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by In5ane
That's awesome that you will finally get a bumper! I bet you are excited.. I like Rusty's stuff, but isn't it kinda $$$? Oh well, judging by JK-Rubi's last post, he's buying anyway...so I will get the KM2's and some nice wheels once I receive the check

I wouldn't mind slinging some dirt Saturday after the game...I should have an hour or two to kill. Something kinda local to get a quick fix would be nice. I will try to think of something!

When we get some better tires and after a good rain, we need to try that place in AThens when we want to get the jeep a little muddy..it's not too bad.
Yeah I'm excited that hopefully I'll have a new bumper by the first club meet!!!
I'm getting the new pre-runner with some extra light tabs and the price while a good bit more than the Smittybilt at lest is made in the USA and I can run down and pick it up when it's ready

And for now I don't mind going and riding in a dirt field as long as it's getting out and riding. And as soon as we get tires WERE GETING MUDDY!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

What kind of tires you looking at bama?
Old 09-19-2008, 03:16 AM
JK Super Freak

I think we all agree that this is your best option. You can wait until our first meeting to hand out the money if you wish.

I'm sure you guys can't sleep at night over my tire selection...

I know I have gotten lots of feedback, but I am (and have always been) a little hesitant to pull the trigger sometimes. I tend to be extremely anal about all my stuff. But hey, someone has to do it!

I am really close to giving the go ahead on the nitto terra grapplers and black rims. But everytime I read more reviews, the whole "not good in mud" thing jumps out at me. It's a shame that we can't have the best of both worlds huh? I think the best bang for the buck will be the grapplers. They look really sweet, do well on the trail (minus deep mud) and will last a long time. Not to mention ....cheap!

Coming soon...
Let me tell you something about mud. Stay away from it. It is a PIA to clean off the underside of the Jeep. Secondly, mud is not the majority of the terrain youll be driving on or through. Go with a tire you like.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

What kind of tires you looking at bama?
Well since I'm a little crazy it's a toss up between one of the Super Swampers, Iroks or maybe Mud Grappler?
Old 09-19-2008, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Dang bama-jk...I want some of your money!

Not an easy choice to make huh?
Old 09-19-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Red08JK
Let me tell you something about mud. Stay away from it. It is a PIA to clean off the underside of the Jeep. Secondly, mud is not the majority of the terrain youll be driving on or through. Go with a tire you like.
You're right, mud might make up...10-15% of the trails I would guess...I have about two weeks to decide. And hey, if you get something you don't like...then you can always sell and buy more!

If you look at the link I posted with my ranger, It took me nearly a week to get all the mud off that sucker!
Old 09-19-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dang bama-jk...I want some of your money!

Not an easy choice to make huh?
Well right now it's a easy one... no money no tires
Old 09-19-2008, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

On a new subject, not to copy, but I saw a post on a Georgia forum about having a group workday.... I think it would be both fun and informative for all of us to get together some and help each other work on our jeeps! I know a few of you have already done that to JK-Rubi's, but was just thinking we can have a designated time for everyone to get together and turn some wrenches....what do you think?
Old 09-19-2008, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

On a new subject, not to copy, but I saw a post on a Georgia forum about having a group workday.... I think it would be both fun and informative for all of us to get together some and help each other work on our jeeps! I know a few of you have already done that to JK-Rubi's, but was just thinking we can have a designated time for everyone to get together and turn some wrenches....what do you think?

I think this is a great idea, 6 or 8 hands are always better than 2.

So it looks like In5ane and I may be going riding on sunday afternoon, so any one else up for a little meet and ride?
Old 09-19-2008, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bama JK
I think this is a great idea, 6 or 8 hands are always better than 2.

So it looks like In5ane and I may be going riding on sunday afternoon, so any one else up for a little meet and ride?
Or if you aren't...any trail ideas for us?

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat