Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-23-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about this:
http://www.benchmark-designs.com/pro...ister_skid.php

any thoughts??
i really don't want to relocate but i don't want to knock my canister off either.
what do ya think?
Old 04-23-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

personally, if it were me, thats what I'd do
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tboginski
it's pretty cool, i can get on the forum from anywhere...sadly, checking this forum is 90% why i bought a $400 phone.
bro...you're on Step 1 (admitting you have a problem) of the 12 Step Program.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

Seriously, if you don't want to relocate, the skid is a good option. I like the angle the skid has in the front. It should help absorb impacts. Before I relocated mine, I would see mud caked on the front of the canister from where I bulldozed dirt going over hills.

Last edited by Denny2565; 04-23-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:59 AM
JK Junkie

what about this:

any thoughts??
i really don't want to relocate but i don't want to knock my canister off either.
what do ya think?
If relocation is not an option, this is better than nothing for sure. A couple weekends ago when we were plowing through some of those mud puddles, I was very glad that I had relocated my canister. You just never know when some little something will reach out a snag the thing - in fact, read a post the other day where some guy was running through mud puddles covered with ice, and when he broke up the top layer, a chuck of the ice took off his evap canister.

Personally, I think relocation is more important on the Unlimited than the 2Dr, but now that it's done I'm very pleased with the end result, and I have room there for a big muffler or maybe on-board air.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Install Get Together

The install get together will be this Sunday at 1PM a my house. If you like to come, PM me so I can give you my address.

Currently, I have Travis and Gary scheduled in the garage. I have a 3 car garage, but to have room to work, only 2 Jeeps in at a time. There is a sitting area on the deck above the garage if you you like to sit or hang out. Be prepared to help Travis , Gary and I though.

Some rules that we should all follow:
1. No foul language (my kids may be in and out playing)
2. "Adult beverages" need to be poured in Solo cups.
3. If you are helping, make sure the owner of the Jeep is aware what you are doing and it's okay. The owner of the Jeep is ultimate authority as to what goes on with his Jeep.
4. I have lots (well never enough) of tools. Just ask me if you need something. For example, you may be using a regular wrench when it can be done faster with a ratchet wrench or air ratchet.
5. Clean as you go, etc. Ex. Put up unused tools, etc.

I am in the process of getting a quote to have my garage door go all the way up to the ceiling (14') so that I can install a 11000 lb Benpak 2 post lift. When I get the lift, I will need help installing 5.13 gears, lockers and driveshafts. But at least we won't have to lay on our backs.

Jeff
Old 04-24-2009, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Get it and paint it blue to match your coils
awesome idea...this mod is officially on the short list!
Old 04-24-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NOBLING
The install get together will be this Sunday at 1PM a my house. If you like to come, PM me so I can give you my address.

Currently, I have Travis and Gary scheduled in the garage. I have a 3 car garage, but to have room to work, only 2 Jeeps in at a time. There is a sitting area on the deck above the garage if you you like to sit or hang out. Be prepared to help Travis , Gary and I though.

Some rules that we should all follow:
1. No foul language (my kids may be in and out playing)
2. "Adult beverages" need to be poured in Solo cups.
3. If you are helping, make sure the owner of the Jeep is aware what you are doing and it's okay. The owner of the Jeep is ultimate authority as to what goes on with his Jeep.
4. I have lots (well never enough) of tools. Just ask me if you need something. For example, you may be using a regular wrench when it can be done faster with a ratchet wrench or air ratchet.
5. Clean as you go, etc. Ex. Put up unused tools, etc.

I am in the process of getting a quote to have my garage door go all the way up to the ceiling (14') so that I can install a 11000 lb Benpak 2 post lift. When I get the lift, I will need help installing 5.13 gears, lockers and driveshafts. But at least we won't have to lay on our backs.

Jeff

very cool!
count me in to help with any installs or anything you or anybody needs.

p.s. jst so you guys know, being in the car business i have access to some hook ups on dent repair, paint touch up, windsheilds all that stuff, so if you guys need anything let me know, i might know somebody
Old 04-24-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

what about this:

any thoughts??
what do ya think?
relocate. i did it and am glad I did. not hard, just need to ensure you read the instructions on this on.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

the relo kit is $100..the skid is only $15 bucks more and i kind of like the idea of a skid better.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat