Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-18-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey JK-Rubi good looking lights. I was looking at IPFs at the Truck and Jeep in Atl. and thy look like so very strong units.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

You got some sweet looking lights there! Where are you going to mount those..? Did you get a new bumper?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

Oh, there is a place out AThens to go riding, but it's only good when it's muddy. It costs like $10/person I believe. Anyways...here is a link to some photos of the place. I have the black FX4 Ranger that you see stuck... The red Z71 was mine before I sold it to a buddy of mine. It's in there too.

http://www.tntmotorsportspark.com/4wheeler6.htm
Old 09-18-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by In5ane
Oh, there is a place out AThens to go riding, but it's only good when it's muddy. It costs like $10/person I believe. Anyways...here is a link to some photos of the place. I have the black FX4 Ranger that you see stuck... The red Z71 was mine before I sold it to a buddy of mine. It's in there too.

http://www.tntmotorsportspark.com/4wheeler6.htm
That makes me miss my Yamaha. I'll be there once I can get some new tires.

So is any one besides In5ane and I going riding this weekend? If not, In5ane, I hope you know some were to go, I'v been look for places to go but so far no luck, not till we get some tires.

Off topic: I learned today that the Smittybilt bumper I'v had on order is a lost cause. For one they don't know when I'll get it just some time after 11/24.
Two now I find out that the thing in made in CHINA!!! THERE IS ON WAY THAT I GOING TO USE IN BUMPER FORM CHINA!!! So I called up Rustys Off Road and I'm going to get a bumper made in ALABAMA with a little custom work in a little over a week.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bama JK
Off topic: I learned today that the Smittybilt bumper I'v had on order is a lost cause. For one they don't know when I'll get it just some time after 11/24.
Two now I find out that the thing in made in CHINA!!! THERE IS ON WAY THAT I GOING TO USE IN BUMPER FORM CHINA!!! So I called up Rustys Off Road and I'm going to get a bumper made in ALABAMA with a little custom work in a little over a week.
Sorry to hear about your bumper, bama JK. I know you had been looking forward to receiving and installing that Smittybilt . . . and that it had been one of the better deals you were able to make at Jeep Fest.

At least you found a another "home" for that new winch sitting in the garage.

Oh, and I don't think talking about stuff for our JKs is ever off-topic. That's why I'm posting the occasional pic of stuff arriving at my doorstep.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

You got some sweet looking lights there!
Thanks!!

Where are you going to mount those..? Did you get a new bumper?
Never mind where I'm mounting those lights - what did you decide re your tires??? You've gotten lots, and lots of feedback in the past, and we just provided more input. Come on, tell us your plans (curious minds want to know)?

P.S. - I do have a bumper, and will snap a pic of it sometime in the near future, but for now it's still nestled safely inside its shipping box.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

Default Line-x the Whole JK??

See Link ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...346#post692346

It only costs $8,975 (give or take a few dollars) - should I:

1) Have the whole Jeep disassembled, line-x'd, reassembled?

2) Just remove some of the plastic and cloth stuff, and let them spray it down?

3) Go all black, all white, or checkered?

4) Line-x under the hood, inside the glove box, the floor mats?

5) Give you guys all my money before I spend it all on adventurous projects like the above?

It does look better than I thought it would, although seems like it would get fairly hot in the summer.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
5) Give you guys all my money before I spend it all on adventurous projects like the above?
I think we all agree that this is your best option. You can wait until our first meeting to hand out the money if you wish.

Never mind where I'm mounting those lights - what did you decide re your tires??? You've gotten lots, and lots of feedback in the past, and we just provided more input. Come on, tell us your plans (curious minds want to know)?

P.S. - I do have a bumper, and will snap a pic of it sometime in the near future, but for now it's still nestled safely inside its shipping box.
I'm sure you guys can't sleep at night over my tire selection...

I know I have gotten lots of feedback, but I am (and have always been) a little hesitant to pull the trigger sometimes. I tend to be extremely anal about all my stuff. But hey, someone has to do it!

I am really close to giving the go ahead on the nitto terra grapplers and black rims. But everytime I read more reviews, the whole "not good in mud" thing jumps out at me. It's a shame that we can't have the best of both worlds huh? I think the best bang for the buck will be the grapplers. They look really sweet, do well on the trail (minus deep mud) and will last a long time. Not to mention ....cheap!

Coming soon...
Old 09-18-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bama JK
That makes me miss my Yamaha. I'll be there once I can get some new tires.

So is any one besides In5ane and I going riding this weekend? If not, In5ane, I hope you know some were to go, I'v been look for places to go but so far no luck, not till we get some tires.

That's awesome that you will finally get a bumper! I bet you are excited.. I like Rusty's stuff, but isn't it kinda $$$? Oh well, judging by JK-Rubi's last post, he's buying anyway...so I will get the KM2's and some nice wheels once I receive the check

I wouldn't mind slinging some dirt Saturday after the game...I should have an hour or two to kill. Something kinda local to get a quick fix would be nice. I will try to think of something!

When we get some better tires and after a good rain, we need to try that place in AThens when we want to get the jeep a little muddy..it's not too bad.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Never mind where I'm mounting those lights ...

... I do have a bumper, and will snap a pic of it sometime in the near future, but for now it's still nestled safely inside its shipping box.
Come on now don't be a tease!!

I'm with In5ane on this, could draw a crowd to are little club

Sorry to hear about your bumper, bama JK. I know you had been looking forward to receiving and installing that Smittybilt . . . and that it had been one of the better deals you were able to make at Jeep Fest.

At least you found a another "home" for that new winch sitting in the garage.

Oh, and I don't think talking about stuff for our JKs is ever off-topic. That's why I'm posting the occasional pic of stuff arriving at my doorstep.
Thanks,
Now it's just geting my money back on the Smittybilt...

And it's always fun to see pix of your new toys while I'm between stuff

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat