Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yall need to get off the silly CB and move onto a real radio. I love my 2m rig. The quality is SO much clearer. However I do have that skinny uniden that everyone seems to run. However I accidently left the bracket in the truck. So now I need a bracket for it.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Hmmm - I don't think you're finished yet Jeff. See ---> Firestik's Setting SWR help page. I'll bring over one of my new Easytune 3' Firestik II antennas Sunday if you're still getting high readings, and we can try tweaking it.

Yeah, I realized that.... could be better if the antenna bracket was grounded to something else other than the tailgate. I used a digital volt meter to verify. I may run a ground wire from the chassis to the antenna mount instead of relying on the tailgate ground.

But since my 4' antenna read the same and it worked the last trail ride, I may leave it alone for now....

But you are more than welcome to look at it on SUnday.

BTW: I have a brake bleeder kit, no need to bring one.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NOBLING
BTW: I have a brake bleeder kit, no need to bring one.
Great. Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday afternoon.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wilky
The rims on the ol' TJ were Pro-Comp Series 1069, 15x8, 3.75 Backspace.
Thought I recognized them as one of the ProComp series - they looked good with that blue.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I'm thinking about it. I like the crushers, but they have an "E" load rating. I'm afraid that would make my daily ride really rough.
The MTR-Kevlars should be good, but they look really weird with the innovative tread design. They have a "D" load rating and got some good reviews out in Moab. But then a lot of tires will do good when the main surface is hot dry rock.
So it looks like I'll still be keeping the Destination MT and MTZ's on my short list.
what about Nitto Mud Grapplers? Thats the direction Im headed.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Awesome looking tires, but for a daily driver? Maybe okay, I haven't done a lot of research on them.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I'm thinking about it. I like the crushers, but they have an "E" load rating. I'm afraid that would make my daily ride really rough.
The MTR-Kevlars should be good, but they look really weird with the innovative tread design. They have a "D" load rating and got some good reviews out in Moab. But then a lot of tires will do good when the main surface is hot dry rock.
So it looks like I'll still be keeping the Destination MT and MTZ's on my short list.
Dennis I'm also strongly considering the Destinations. Almost all reviews are positive, not to mention they have 2/32 deeper tread than most other M/T. I priced about 8 different tires at Top Line this morning and I could save about $70 per tire over the KM2. I need to make this decision today, so I can have my new shoes put on tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
man i just saw those this morning....that's what i want now for sure....sick looking
Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Dennis I'm also strongly considering the Destinations. Almost all reviews are positive, not to mention they have 2/32 deeper tread than most other M/T. I priced about 8 different tires at Top Line this morning and I could save about $70 per tire over the KM2. I need to make this decision today, so I can have my new shoes put on tomorrow.
man i'm jelouse....what 35's do you have in the garage. and how muck
Old 04-23-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tboginski
man i'm jelouse....what 35's do you have in the garage. and how muck
I wouldn't sell them to you!! I don't trust them to be dependable, not to mention the stupid fast wear

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat