Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-21-2009, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tboginski
there is adiffrent part number for the left and right front springs...i guess it matters what side they are on?????????????????

really?
Honestly, I didn't pay that much attention when I installed mine...If any, there isn't much of a difference.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

68 more and your not a "newbie" anymore.

wilky...how do you like the skyjacker shocks....i ordered some today..buy 3 get one free.
I can't comment on the Skyjacker shocks alone, since mine came packaged with the Skyjacker coils, but I have been VERY pleased with the entire setup so far.
The factory Rubicon suspension was fabulous and offered great on-road manners, but (I'm sure I'll get responses for this) it was a little too mushy for me.
The Skyjacker setup felt just right from the moment I took it down off the jackstands and did a testdrive. Not too stiff....not too soft.
Alot of guys around here run Bilsteins in their rigs to compensate for the "washboard" dirt roads we get during/after snow season, but I've been satisfied with the Skyjacker Hydros.
So to answer your question...I like them and I think you'll be pleased too.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
I can't comment on the Skyjacker shocks alone, since mine came packaged with the Skyjacker coils, but I have been VERY pleased with the entire setup so far.
The factory Rubicon suspension was fabulous and offered great on-road manners, but (I'm sure I'll get responses for this) it was a little too mushy for me.
The Skyjacker setup felt just right from the moment I took it down off the jackstands and did a testdrive. Not too stiff....not too soft.
Alot of guys around here run Bilsteins in their rigs to compensate for the "washboard" dirt roads we get during/after snow season, but I've been satisfied with the Skyjacker Hydros.
So to answer your question...I like them and I think you'll be pleased too.
and...they are cheap as hell
Old 04-21-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Wilky..one more question: how do you like that winch...that is my next purchase. I have decided that's the winch i'm getting. just wondering how it's been for you.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NOBLING
You are welcomed to do it in my garage. I have all the tools neeeded. Air tools, jack stands, spring compressor, etc. If you want to do it Sunday, I'll be available around 1PM.

I did my suspension lift myself at the house.

JK-Rubi,
Do you need to install your brake lines? If can bring in on Sunday as well.

Jeff
Sweet, beer and Jeeps and Jeffs house. Sounds like a plan around 1 on Sunday. Ill stop by. Dont have anything yet i need to install, but can stand around drinking Travis's beer.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need Tire Advice!!!

I plan on making the dive back in 35" tires, but I can't decide which ones to go with. I really like the KM2's that Jeff has, but I think the Mud Grapplers are really badass too. I could go with Hankook's and save a few bucks or Kuhmo, but they are directional. Then there's Firestone and Dunlop down at the bottom of my list. Anyone have any useful input??
Old 04-21-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

"staying stock for a while"
remember you said that

i drive My Audi 2 or three days a week, i get like 28 or 30mpg in that...after driving the jeep 30mpg seems amazing
I just leased a 09 Honda Civic to drive to work and it is getting 31 mpg in the 2nd fill up! 30 plus MPG is amazing!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
I plan on making the dive back in 35" tires, but I can't decide which ones to go with. I really like the KM2's that Jeff has, but I think the Mud Grapplers are really badass too. I could go with Hankook's and save a few bucks or Kuhmo, but they are directional. Then there's Firestone and Dunlop down at the bottom of my list. Anyone have any useful input??
Go with the KM2's, best all around off and on road!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
Sweet, beer and Jeeps and Jeffs house. Sounds like a plan around 1 on Sunday. Ill stop by. Dont have anything yet i need to install, but can stand around drinking Travis's beer.
cool, i'm glad your comming steve..where you been buddy??

Old 04-21-2009, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
KM2's hands down.

and if you get them i'll be super jelouse till i steal them while you sleep.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat