Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-20-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
you will learn over my course of time spent here, that I'm a cheap bastard
on a more positive note, I just started posting here around 8ish and I'm already up to 32 posts!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
Good catch! Mine is a factory 4-dr Rubicon Hardtop, hence the slightly taller spring (16 & 17 front/59 & 60 rear)...unless someone else has an idea?? I'm open to suggestions, afterall, it is a Forum
the ones i got are from a hardtop.....but it's an 08...maybe they changed from 07??

not sure, but either way i should get some lift....right??

on a side note, i got them sanded, striped,cleaned and two of them primered...looking pretty good so far, hope the paint holds up
Old 04-20-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

on a more positive note, I just started posting here around 8ish and I'm already up to 32 posts!
68 more and your not a "newbie" anymore.

wilky...how do you like the skyjacker shocks....i ordered some today..buy 3 get one free.

Last edited by tboginski; 04-20-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

woot thats awesome. If yall need any help working on your Jeeps, LMK. I have work on more vehicles than I care to count, and while not specificly a JK (yet), most vehicles are more or less the same. I'm pretty good under a hood

tboginski, do you need spring compressors? I have a set if you do.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Freak

woot thats awesome. If yall need any help working on your Jeeps, LMK. I have work on more vehicles than I care to count, and while not specificly a JK (yet), most vehicles are more or less the same. I'm pretty good under a hood

tboginski, do you need spring compressors? I have a set if you do.
going to a fellow members house sunday to do the work on my jeep and a few other guys jeeps as well..he said he has a compressor and jack stans and stuff so we should be good ( i paid to have my lift put on last time so i'm not sure what's involved really, but everybody else has done this afew times)...but thank you for offering...i'm sure somebody, and me, will need your services for something in the very near future. there is always a broken part being replaced or a new mod being done. ..and of course if you need any help with any thing just ask.....everybody here is super cool.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

I think I handle taking the top on and off and putting gas in it. Mine is staying stock for a while. Bet you don't remember when you use to get 17 MPG around the city.

Putting springs in a Jeep should be a piece of cake. I did a F-body (Trans Am for the uninformed) the other day that the guy didn't have key to his wheels. That made it interesting to the say the least.

edit: I would stop by on Sunday and hang out and drink a couple of beers and help and what not, but I have finals the end of this week and next, so I'll be studying my ass off. College FTL
Old 04-20-2009, 08:49 PM
JK Freak

I think I handle taking the top on and off and putting gas in it. Mine is staying stock for a while. Bet you don't remember when you use to get 17 MPG around the city.

Putting springs in a Jeep should be a piece of cake. I did a F-body (Trans Am for the uninformed) the other day that the guy didn't have key to his wheels. That made it interesting to the say the least.
"staying stock for a while"
remember you said that

i drive My Audi 2 or three days a week, i get like 28 or 30mpg in that...after driving the jeep 30mpg seems amazing
Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tboginski
"staying stock for a while"
remember you said that

i drive My Audi 2 or three days a week, i get like 28 or 30mpg in that...after driving the jeep 30mpg seems amazing

I have a little 2 wheel machine that does 50+MPG
Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NOBLING
Sounds good to me

Dennis,
Did you get your springs? Want to put them on Sunday?

Sunday 1PM. PM if you need directions.
The more people we have, the faster the install will go.
I've got family plans Sunday afternoon but if I'm back fairly early I'll stop by to see how everything's going. Probably won't have time to start on mine, so I'll just save it for another weekend.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I've got family plans Sunday afternoon but if I'm back fairly early I'll stop by to see how everything's going. Probably won't have time to start on mine, so I'll just save it for another weekend.
man how can you stand not getting those on??
i'm super excited and i'm only gonna get an inch, if that....c'mon denny..your jeep wants to grow, it wants to get bigger, it's your jeeps destiny...you can't deny your jeep it's destiny...

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat