Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 09-16-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by In5ane
Well, I might would be up for some riding (semi close to here) either early that morning...or later that evening. I had planned to watch bama game at 11:30..
I forgot the game was on t.v. this week. I wouldn't mind going late in the afternoon, I'v been waiting to get use my Hella's off road.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Hey bama-jk,

You didn't happen to be at the Publix on winchester this evening did ya? If so, that was me in the silver jeep....was gonna come introduce myself, but wasn't 100% on it!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

Default Ouch!!

How not to climb a hill!! Every time I look at these, I really feel for that poor guy.

Warning: Contains explicit images of beautiful JK having a bad day.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey bama-jk,

You didn't happen to be at the Publix on winchester this evening did ya? If so, that was me in the silver jeep....was gonna come introduce myself, but wasn't 100% on it!
Yah man that was me! For some reason I thought that may have been you.
Let me know next time we have a meet at Publix. Good looking JK by the way!!

Last edited by bama JK; 09-16-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

That's funny stuff! I told my wife that I was pretty sure that's one of the guys I have been talking to on the forum. She said you looked like you thought you knew who I was too. I'll let you know next time we go on a Publix run!

Thanks BTW! Your JK looked pretty good too...nice camo seat covers!

New market has some good trails here and there...should have just took the women along too and headed for the trail!
Old 09-17-2008, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
How not to climb a hill!! Every time I look at these, I really feel for that poor guy.

Warning: Contains explicit images of beautiful JK having a bad day.
I can't even imagine...that would make me sick!

Ok,

Can you guys give me some honest opinions. The first thing I am going to get for the jeep is tires. I should have about $800 to spend in the next two weeks. Here are my options:

1.) A friend of mine can get me the nitto terragrapplers 33" for 128/each at a dealership. If i went that route, I could buy me some steel wheels as well. A good price for these tires...and they look good.

2.) He can also get me 33" BFG MT's for only $204/each, in which case I would just put them on my stock wheels...(the guy at rocket city offroad said 33's would fit on my stock steelies with no rubbing, and others on this site have done it.)

3.) Or...I think I might be able to talk 4wheelparts in to giving me buy 3 get 1 free on the procomp mt's...or extreme mt's which I would just mount on my stock steelies.

I don't really want AT's, but I drive my jeep daily. Originally I was going to get mudders with some cheap rims and just change the two sets out. However, many people I talk to say it's "too much trouble" If that is a better option, I can save a little longer for rims...I know AT's usually do better on road (and last much longer), but if we hit some mud, i want some grip!

Any opinions?

I'll say, what I originally was gonna do..and still may do..is buy mt's and put them on my stock wheels.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok,

Can you guys give me some honest opinions. The first thing I am going to get for the jeep is tires. I should have about $800 to spend in the next two weeks. Here are my options:

1.) A friend of mine can get me the nitto terragrapplers 33" for 128/each at a dealership. If i went that route, I could buy me some steel wheels as well. A good price for these tires...and they look good.

2.) He can also get me 33" BFG MT's for only $204/each, in which case I would just put them on my stock wheels...(the guy at rocket city offroad said 33's would fit on my stock steelies with no rubbing, and others on this site have done it.)

3.) Or...I think I might be able to talk 4wheelparts in to giving me buy 3 get 1 free on the procomp mt's...or extreme mt's which I would just mount on my stock steelies.

I don't really want AT's, but I drive my jeep daily. Originally I was going to get mudders with some cheap rims and just change the two sets out. However, many people I talk to say it's "too much trouble" If that is a better option, I can save a little longer for rims...I know AT's usually do better on road (and last much longer), but if we hit some mud, i want some grip!

Any opinions?

I'll say, what I originally was gonna do..and still may do..is buy mt's and put them on my stock wheels.
Man, for the money the Nittos look like a good all around tire for those of us that don't live on the trail. Looks like some thing you can live with on-road and off.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok,

Any opinions?

I like the NIttos and steel wheels. ProComps are nice tires, but unsure of look on stock.
My preference would be in the order you listed them.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:53 PM
JK Junkie

IPF Lights arrived from Northridge4x4 today, however my front JKS track bar is still "missing in action". Label on the box showing up today states, "1 of 2", but "2 of 2" must still be riding around in the UPS truck.

When I first saw how large the shipping box was, I was wondering if the track bar was somehow collapsible and sitting at an angle inside. Nope - just a bunch of packing paper, and other smaller shipping boxes/envelopes providing additional protection. Was relieved to get the lights as I had ordered them on Sept 1, so almost two and half weeks ago.

Attachment 13011
Old 09-17-2008, 08:05 PM
JK Junkie

I'd go choice #1. I'm not entirely convinced that you can run 33's out on a trail and not rub. On our ride the other day, we went down some dead ends, and had to make some tight turns in order to face back in the direction we had just come from - I would be sick if I heard my new tires scraping, rubbing, bumping, squealing, etc. on my Jeep.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat