Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-18-2009, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
any cb experts available this evening or tomorrow?? I can't figure this MFer out. I've got a good ground (and I've tried more than one ground) and my SWR is still off the charts. I'm at a loss now. I'm thinking about ripping all the wires out and burning the junk in the back yard.

I PM'd you. If you still need help, call me on Sunday.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

any cb experts available this evening or tomorrow?? I can't figure this MFer out. I've got a good ground (and I've tried more than one ground) and my SWR is still off the charts. I'm at a loss now. I'm thinking about ripping all the wires out and burning the junk in the back yard.
I'll bring marshmallows!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOBLING
I PM'd you. If you still need help, call me on Sunday.
Thanks Jeff, I got your PM about 15 Minutes after Dennis sent one and I headed over to his house. We've got about every channel sitting right around 3 - 3.2 right now. I'm hoping I can get it correct tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Junkie

We've got about every channel sitting right around 3 - 3.2 right now.
If it's below 2, you're safe. Above 2 and below 3, you're probably not going to fry anything, but that needs to be addressed. Above 3 . . . don't transmit for too long.

Anyone want to help with brake lines today?
Old 04-19-2009, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in awhile but I've been doing a good bit of work to my jeep. I took my 2.5" TF coils out and replaced them with some 4" coils and 35's. I'll try to get some pictures up later today.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nucorman
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in awhile but I've been doing a good bit of work to my jeep. I took my 2.5" TF coils out and replaced them with some 4" coils and 35's. I'll try to get some pictures up later today.
Cool . . . sounds like you're ready to join us on the trails!!

Don't be a stranger.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Cool . . . sounds like you're ready to join us on the trails!!

Don't be a stranger.
Sounds good, can't wait to get in on the fun. Oh and I have quite a few take off parts for sale now if anyone's looking for tereflex springs or stock rubi wheels, tires and spacers.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally got my CB going. 1.5 on channel 1 / 1.4 on 19 / 1.8 on 40. I have no idea what changed from where Dennis and I were by none the less it's good to go. Thanks for for offer for help Jeff and thanks for helping me out last night Dennis!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nucorman
Sounds good, can't wait to get in on the fun. Oh and I have quite a few take off parts for sale now if anyone's looking for tereflex springs or stock rubi wheels, tires and spacers.
Don't really need any of that, but if you have a set of rubi rails you want to get rid of..let me know!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Unfortunately I have an unlimited and I think I'm going to keep the rails for now. I need to get rid of some of this stuff my garage is starting to look like a jeep junk yard. I know this isn't the for sale forum but I figured maybe some of you guys could use the stuff... I have stock rubi springs and shocks, tereflex 2.5" coils, 4 rubi tires and 5 wheels with tpms, 1.5" spidertrax spacers, brand new in the box jks front adjustable track bar. If anyone needs any of these I'm sure we can work somethin out. thanks

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat