Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
I do plan plan on being there. My son has a soccer game in the morning (not sure of the time yet) so I'll let the group kow my status ASAP.

I've obviously never been to Skyline before, but for some reason if I'm unable to meet at Wendy's at 11:30, is there a spot out at Skyline that I would be able to find everyone??
I think JK Rubi can answer that question....hope to see you there man!

I'll be there and two four wheeler guys coming with us too. So, let's don't embarrass the jeeps! lol
Old 04-10-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

I would have sold you my shocks and springs for $100. They were only on the Jeep for a month.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Default Skyline

I do plan plan on being there. My son has a soccer game in the morning (not sure of the time yet) so I'll let the group kow my status ASAP.

I've obviously never been to Skyline before, but for some reason if I'm unable to meet at Wendy's at 11:30, is there a spot out at Skyline that I would be able to find everyone??
Skyline is like 16,000 acres plus, and the trails go on for miles. You'd might run across us out there, but since we'll be on the move there's not a convenient spot where we could rendezvous. Hopefully you can make it to Wendy's as that would be easiest.

Also, just so everyone knows, I'm leaving Wendy's at 11:30. Will be there sooner to grab a bite to eat. Everyone else can leave when they want, but just being clear as to the time I intend to leave. I have also topped off the gas tank, so I won't have to stop on the way to the WMA.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by In5ane
I'll be there and two four wheeler guys coming with us too. So, let's don't embarrass the jeeps! lol
Hope the 4-wheeler guys are going to be in Jeeps or some other non-trailered vehicle because, due to the route I'm planning, they are going to be very unhappy campers if they attempt to follow us on quads. They're welcome to come along, but be forewarned, they will be dropped if they're riding quads - I'm absolutely positive (although they could prove me wrong).

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 04-10-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tboginski
i'm buying this:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

but the intalation looks like a pain in the ass....you guys think WE can do it??
I've seen some very good write-ups on that tire carrier, but it is something of a bear from what I've read. Go for it!!

Installation Write-up

Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Hope the 4-wheeler guys are going to be in Jeeps or some other non-trailered vehicle because, due to the route I'm planning, they are going to be very unhappy campers if they attempt to follow us on quads. They're welcome to come along, but be forewarned, they will be dropped if they're riding quads - I'm absolutely positive (although they could prove me wrong).
So you are saying the quads won't be able to do the trails?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

how many miles you thinking we gonna ride?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skyline is like 16,000 acres plus, and the trails go on for miles. You'd might run across us out there, but since we'll be on the move there's not a convenient spot where we could rendezvous. Hopefully you can make it to Wendy's as that would be easiest.

Also, just so everyone knows, I'm leaving Wendy's at 11:30. Will be there sooner to grab a bite to eat. Everyone else can leave when they want, but just being clear as to the time I intend to leave. I have also topped off the gas tank, so I won't have to stop on the way to the WMA.
I never thought to ask, which Wendy's are we meeting at??
Old 04-10-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more question... Am I the only one who will be without a CB?? I got one ordered today, but that doesn't help me for this ride. I can borrow a handheld from a buddy, but I have doubts that it will even work effectively.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

One more question... Am I the only one who will be without a CB?? I got one ordered today, but that doesn't help me for this ride. I can borrow a handheld from a buddy, but I have doubts that it will even work effectively.
WEll, I got a cb for free..and just has a magnetic antenna, so give the handheld a whirl! lol

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat