Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 04-03-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOBLING
Just found out I'm not going out of town on Sat. Any of you still going wheelin Sat @ Skyline?
Sat., as in tomorrow???
Old 04-03-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
Sat., as in tomorrow???
what saturday?
Old 04-03-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just found out I'm not going out of town on Sat. Any of you still going wheelin Sat @ Skyline?
Rubi-JK and Denny were talking about going to Skyline tomorrow. They may have decided to go next Saturday instead.....
Old 04-03-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Junkie

Default Lunch at Five Guys

Enjoyed meeting up with everyone today, and we have a new record with five Huntsville area forum members gathering together at one time.

Woohoo! Maybe next time we can get six.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:51 PM
JK Junkie

Default Skyline Ride

Rubi-JK and Denny were talking about going to Skyline tomorrow. They may have decided to go next Saturday instead.....
Yup. Didn't want to leave you out - so mark your calendars everyone. Next Saturday, April 11, we plan to ride Skyline for about 6-7 hours. Am tentatively planning on leaving from the Wendy's on 72E at 1130. We'll ride over to the Stevenson area, and enter the WMA from the east. Exit from the west after we've roamed miles of trail.

Plan to go recon a Level 4/5 trail I've seen from the bottom, but I want to see what it looks like from the top. I do not plan to ride the thing (at least not until I get some more mods) so don't worry about us doing some crazy stuff this trip (unless Steve joins us ). Worst we'll get into is Level 3 or 3+. Everyone should be okay, especially if you already have a couple inches of lift.

I'll follow-up with more details later.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

Nice looking set-up Desl!!

Originally Posted by GotDesl
This one is mine if you see me around...

Just got the wheels and tire on today. Will be going ahead with the purchase of the spare now that I know that I like them.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Yup. Didn't want to leave you out - so mark your calendars everyone. Next Saturday, April 11, we plan to ride Skyline for about 6-7 hours. Am tentatively planning on leaving from the Wendy's on 72E at 1130. We'll ride over to the Stevenson area, and enter the WMA from the east. Exit from the west after we've roamed miles of trail.

Plan to go recon a Level 4/5 trail I've seen from the bottom, but I want to see what it looks like from the top. I do not plan to ride the thing (at least not until I get some more mods) so don't worry about us doing some crazy stuff this trip (unless Steve joins us ). Worst we'll get into is Level 3 or 3+. Everyone should be okay, especially if you already have a couple inches of lift.

I'll follow-up with more details later.
Sounds like a plan! I'm tentatively free next Saturday. I'll know for sure as we get closer to Easter weekend. Does everyone have a CB radio? If you don't, you may want to invest in one. It makes the ride much more fun. Maybe we can have Rubi-JK be a tour guide for us and give us turn by turn commentary...
Old 04-03-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like a plan! I'm tentatively free next Saturday. I'll know for sure as we get closer to Easter weekend. Does everyone have a CB radio? If you don't, you may want to invest in one. It makes the ride much more fun. Maybe we can have Rubi-JK be a tour guide for us and give us turn by turn commentary...
How much would it cost for me to get in on one before the ride...and would I get install help?
Old 04-03-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

Default CB

Does everyone have a CB radio? If you don't, you may want to invest in one. It makes the ride much more fun. Maybe we can have Rubi-JK be a tour guide for us and give us turn by turn commentary...
I think most of us have one, but you sure don't want to listen to me hour after hour saying, "and on our right is another beautiful scenic panorama."
Old 04-03-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by In5ane
How much would it cost for me to get in on one before the ride...and would I get install help?
same question here

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat