Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 03-31-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Daystar - seem to recall people hitting their switches when using a manual with this product, but I could be wrong. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Are you going to have an all day install party, or do you plan to go to a shop? And I guess if you're going with lockers and new diff, you'll be needing a nice beefy Diff cover too, right? Lately I've been lusting after the ARB cover.

By the way, I've been ordering stuff from a guy at 4WheelDrive Warehouse, and have been getting decent deals. Got a quote for a friend today on a Warn M-8000 . . . 25% off, and only $20 to ship to Hsv. Let me know if you'd like me to check with him on items you might be interested in. He always surprises me with respect to how low he'll go on stuff, but he works commercial sales and apparently has a lot of latitude regarding price (you'll have to believe me on this one).
Yeah, here are the parts I'll be buying:
1. Superior Gears 5.13 gears w/install kit
2. ARB front and rear ARB air lockers
3. ARB compact air compressor
4. FT Adjustable upper rear control arms
5. FT Adjustable lower front control arms
6. REEL 1310 OE front and rear driveshafts
7. ARB front and rear diff covers (might as well)

The only thing I'm debating on installing are the gears. If I pay a shop to do the gears, then I will have them put in the lockers. All other parts I can do myself. I just have a feeling that this may not be the last time I'll have to work on the axles so I may just invest in the ring and pinion tools to install/measure the gears. That way I can rebuild the axles when needed. I need to invest in a press, bearing buller, axle puller, etc. anyway. I really want to do all the work to my Jeep....so far it's been pretty simple installing the suspension, bumper, winch, lights, track bars, control arms, etc.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NOBLING
Yeah, here are the parts I'll be buying:
1. Superior Gears 5.13 gears w/install kit
2. ARB front and rear ARB air lockers
3. ARB compact air compressor
4. FT Adjustable upper rear control arms
5. FT Adjustable lower front control arms
6. REEL 1310 OE front and rear driveshafts
7. ARB front and rear diff covers (might as well) That's the spirit.

The only thing I'm debating on installing are the gears. If I pay a shop to do the gears, then I will have them put in the lockers. All other parts I can do myself. I just have a feeling that this may not be the last time I'll have to work on the axles so I may just invest in the ring and pinion tools to install/measure the gears. That way I can rebuild the axles when needed. I need to invest in a press, bearing buller, axle puller, etc. anyway. I really want to do all the work to my Jeep....so far it's been pretty simple installing the suspension, bumper, winch, lights, track bars, control arms, etc.
Cool!! Let me know when to show up, and if at all possible I'll be there. Where have you been purchasing your parts?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool!! Let me know when to show up, and if at all possible I'll be there. Where have you been purchasing your parts?
Sounds good.... I've been purchasing my parts from Quadratec and Northridge 4x4. Both have great customer service.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Junkie

Hmmm. Check this out Denny.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by NOBLING
Sounds good.... I've been purchasing my parts from Quadratec and Northridge 4x4. Both have great customer service.
I'd be willing to check with my 4WD guy if you're interested. I'm certain he could do at least 20% off without blinking, but you never know.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want to chop it up so I can see how it turns out. If it's a winner, we'll all name the mod after you when we do the same thing to our Jeeps (unless JasonC lets us check out his muffler mod first).

When can we meet up? Warning: The participants of this thread (me included) have an abysmal record for pulling off a meeting . . . so make sure the time is most convenient for you.
anyone available for lunch on Thursday or Friday??
Old 03-31-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

ok, you guys talked me out of being a cheap bastard and getting what i really wanted after all...The Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Front Bumper (winch mount) with the optional black center hoop .....thanks guys, i almost messed up and tried to save some money.

now i ned some fog lights for the holes..anybody know what goes in there??
i'm thinking strobes.......just kidding....maybe

http://www.quadratec.com/products/im...2F93750-lg.jpg
Old 03-31-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jasonclarkusaf
anyone available for lunch on Thursday or Friday??
i'm available for lunch any day...
Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tboginski
ok, you guys talked me out of being a cheap bastard and getting what i really wanted after all...The Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Front Bumper (winch mount) with the optional black center hoop .....thanks guys, i almost messed up and tried to save some money.

now i ned some fog lights for the holes..anybody know what goes in there??
i'm thinking strobes.......just kidding....maybe

http://www.quadratec.com/products/im...2F93750-lg.jpg
That's the bumper I've got, great choice!!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tboginski
i'm available for lunch any day...
How about friday around 11:00?? I work in Research Park, so pretty much anything is convenient for me. Anyone in besides Travis??

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat