Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 03-27-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tboginski
i told them i would bring it in every week till i hit 36000 miles or until it was fixed...they said "it's a jeep" i told them i don't care, i paid for a jeep not a boat.
Yeah, that "It's a jeep" crap pisses me off cause I know a lot of people who has jeeps that don't leak. Regardless of being a jeep it shouldn't leak that much. maybe a drop here and there...but that's all!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Looks like there's gonna be a meet and greet in Decatur. I doubt they have our organizational skills though.
(Mods, feel free to delete this post if needed. I wasn't sure if this constituted advertising for a non-sponsor)

What info did this come from?
Old 03-27-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like there's gonna be a meet and greet in Decatur. I doubt they have our organizational skills though.
(Mods, feel free to delete this post if needed. I wasn't sure if this constituted advertising for a non-sponsor)

Thanks Denny for the information. Sounds like a good day to hang out with fellow Jeepers.

BTW: It was nice to meet you at the gym the other night. Your Jeep looks awesome! What CB antenna do you have and where did you get it? I have a 4' firestik that I have to take on and off since it i too long to clear my garage. I thought about gettin the 3' firestik instead....

Jeff
Old 03-27-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NOBLING
Thanks Denny for the information. Sounds like a good day to hang out with fellow Jeepers.

BTW: It was nice to meet you at the gym the other night. Your Jeep looks awesome! What CB antenna do you have and where did you get it? I have a 4' firestik that I have to take on and off since it i too long to clear my garage. I thought about gettin the 3' firestik instead....

Jeff
Hey guys...

I'm ignorant on cb's, so can you explain what the pro's are of having one? I know they are good for riding...but can talk to other people here in town with them?

If it's a stupid question, just pretend I asked a good one! lol
Old 03-27-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks like an opportunity to meet some more folks that like to wheel. Put it on my calendar
Old 03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Freebie

Just installed my Teraflex "quicker" front sway bar disconnects. They work great. The best part is that there is a bracket you can hang the diconnects to on the frame so that the swar bar links and sway bar does not have to be tied using straps.

Now for the real reason why I'm writing, the Full Traction front swar bar disconnect links are needing a good home. They came with the Full Traction 3" lift kit. If anybody has any use for these, PM me and they are yours free! Yes, free!!!! The nuts and bolts are not included but you can get them as Lowes.

Jeep folks are so nice aren't they?

Jeff
Old 03-27-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just installed my Teraflex "quicker" front sway bar disconnects. They work great. The best part is that there is a bracket you can hang the diconnects to on the frame so that the swar bar links and sway bar does not have to be tied using straps.

Now for the real reason why I'm writing, the Full Traction front swar bar disconnect links are needing a good home. They came with the Full Traction 3" lift kit. If anybody has any use for these, PM me and they are yours free! Yes, free!!!! The nuts and bolts are not included but you can get them as Lowes.

Jeep folks are so nice aren't they?

Jeff
And the winner is 08RedRecon!!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

And the winner is 08RedRecon!!!!
@#$!@#%#$^$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why couldn't I have seen this sooner...he doesn't need them...I do!
Old 03-27-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by In5ane
Hey guys...

I'm ignorant on cb's, so can you explain what the pro's are of having one? I know they are good for riding...but can talk to other people here in town with them?

If it's a stupid question, just pretend I asked a good one! lol
Good question...Having it for the trails and the convoy to the trails are the main reasons to have one. I don't really pick up very many people around town. And when I do, it's usually some drunk or nutjob rambling on about nothing.

And I found the topless day flyer while I was clicking around on the Mountainside site.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Jeff
I've got a 3' K40 antenna; picked it up at the Pilot truckstop in Priceville. Not sure how good it is yet, I got a tuned Cobra 29 from Walcott a couple months ago and haven't had a chance to test it out yet. Wilson makes a 4' flex antenna that I may try out if the K40 doesn't do a good job.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat